Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Elsa.....

Yesterday I sent my kids home from school as my sister was yet again, down with asthma. Watched them eat, talked to them a bit then I started collecting my stuffs and wearing my tudung again to go back to work.

My children, by then were already upstairs for their bath. Suddenly I heard the loudest most terrifying sound of something crashing and breaking, then Neti’s “Ya Allah !”

I sprang upstairs and saw my son hugging his sister, who looked dazed and confused. Looked inside the bathroom and saw the sink on the floor, smashed.

Then my daughter started crying. I grabbed her and did a once over, looking for cuts or bruises or whatever. I was in panic and was trying my darnest to stay calm.

“Mummy, will she be in trouble ? Is she in trouble ?” Asked the Abang.

“What happened, Ti ?”

“I don’t know….” Answered my teary eyed daughter. I hugged her, relieved as I saw the jagged and very pointy edges of the broken ceramic.

“You are not angry at her ? She is not in trouble ?” Asked Abang again.

I shook my head.

“Yeay, Titi ! Mummy said she is not angry. You are okay, kan ? You can stop crying now…” Abang held her tightly.

As I entered the car, I heard Elsa sobbing, “Please don’t tell Babah …..”. Saw her dok sebek by the window. Hai…..

I don’t know why I was so quiet. My head seems to be disconnected from my mouth as I had a million questions to ask but none materialised. I put on my tudung and drove to work, very much detached from the situation.

Dah sampai office, baru nak ketaq. Baru nak call Dan.

When I got home after work, she was okay, she was fine, jumping around. But as I lay on the sofa, she came to me, head on my shoulder and after awhile she was asleep. Babah came home, checked the damage and agreed that all that matters is that the little one is safe.

We went out that night, it was after all Babah’s birthday but sans the kiddies as they have mengaji. Came back but she was already asleep.

She didn’t go to school today, shock induced fever I think and Abang wants to be with her. So takpelah. With H1N1 (HOne NOne – I call it hone none – Malay pronunciation, okay ?) around, may be it is a wise decision.

Still have to make sure that she is okay.

2 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

hv u found out wat happened?

ni sebijik cam kes aku kecik2 dulu..

aku dulu suka duduk atas sink, ngadap cermin and berangan.. and been doing this for many2 times, almost everyday..

until one day the sink jatuh gedebuk!! more like pecah la.. aku pun gebeduk atas lantai... luckily tak de serpihan sink yg kena..

ketaq sat kepala lutut takut kena marah...heheh

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Apparently she sat on the sink, and went down together with it !! Ketaq pikiaq pasal tuh !!