Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Apalah Ana ni !!

Last Friday I came home to a house full of kids. Half an hour later Cik Ta came to pick them all up for Pesta Buku. They came back, jumping out of the car showing their Ana Muslims note books and demanded to be fed.

Uncle Ian wanted to join too so off we went to an undisclosed location (you will know why soon after) for dinner.

In the car Elsa showed her book to Ana. Look Ana, she said. Ana Muslim…

Ana however replied with an angry No !

Babah and I exchanged baffled looks and Elsa must be very puzzled also because she said it again. “Ini kan Ana Muslim …Macam Ana..” This time more gently.

Ana though gave a very forceful No ! And bellowed, “Ana Princess !”

He he…. What a girl, that Ana.

“Okay lah… Ana Princess…” Said Titi good naturedly.

To make her point very clear, Ana started spelling, “S I si S I si..” Then “Err… susah lah nak eja. Ana tahu S I si… Mummy.. macamana nak spell Ana Princess ?”

He he…. Your are funny lah Ana…..

Anyway, she became decidedly not cute while we were there.

The kids played at the playground outside (please take note that the play area was out of the building) and Mummy, Babah and Uncle Ian waited for Uncle Ian’s client to come. Umar came running to us, Ana trailing behind him to inform me that Ana wants to do a wee-wee.

Mummy scooped her up but she instead said she wanted to go home.

“Ana nak pi toilet tak ?”

“Ana nak balik….”

“SO you don’t want to go to the toilet ?”

“Ana nak balik…”

Okay lah, said I. Wait a moment okay sebab Uncle Ian is still eating. Kalau kita balik dia nangis karang, said Mummy. Ana nak tengok Uncle Ian nangis tak ? I asked. She turned around and ran to her siblings. No answer pun.

So I thought she just wanted to go home. Where did this Umar got the story she wanted to wee-wee ?

Not long after that, I promise you it was maybe 30 minutes after that, Uncle Ian’s client came and we left the premise. I scooped Ana up again and made the unpleasant discovery that she was wet. Allahu-Akhbar.

When I asked her earlier, she kept repeating she had wanted to go home, giving no inclination of her wanting to well… you know what now lah. I had no choice but to keep on holding her and tried to put the thought of where she did her deed away.

“Ana duduk dengan Mummy, okay ?”

“Ohh… sebab Ana basah ke Mummy ? Nanti kena kete Abah ?”

Alahai, pandai pun. Then why you did that lah ? Why oh why ? So there we were, Ana and her Mummy, being very wet during the whole ride. Babah was none the wiser. Got home, ran upstairs and took a long hot bath before praying.

Next morning it rained so Mummy heaved a sigh of relief knowing that Ana’s traces at the playground would be washed away.

Alhamdulillah.

I will be armed with pampers in the future, believe you me.

No comments: