Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hai lah....

My daughter is very merepek. Full stop.

All week she called me Sexy Pants. When I finally got tired of her ignoring my “Tak elok cakap macam tu, Elsa !” I asked her what Sexy Pants meant. Big mistake as she raised her eyebrows and said, “Sexy !!” and wriggled her bum.

I let her go after that, migraine creeping up.

She came to me yesterday and said, “Oh, I love you, baby !” while hugging me. I just shook my head, wondering where I went wrong. Especially since she goes to a Pre-Tahfiz kindy. Dan once commented, “You betul ke hantar dia pegi sekolah agama ni ?” Well, last time I checked, which was that morning when I dropped her off to school, yes !

Once while we were saying goodbye to Amir and Amelia, she gave them a mock tearful goodbye, completed with sobs and semi-hysterical cryings.

“Itu lah, Melia. I ingat I gave birth to a daughter, rupanya clown yang keluaq…”

Amir upon hearing that chuckled and said to his Ibu, “Ha ha… Aunty kata Elsa bukannya budak tapi clown…” He he… Comel lah Amir ni…. Pandai pun.

Once Dan took Umar to the loo and she was upset because she can’t go with them. Upon their return, she yelled, in public, “Look Mummy ! There’s your husband !! Look !!” People looked too because they either thought, I have remarried and Dan is not Elsa’s father or my husband had done a runner and we had finally caught him.

So yesterday in the car, she said something totally inappropriate while dancing to Second Hand Serenade. I commanded in a no nonsense tone, “Stop being so merepek, Elsa !!”

And she replied, “But Mummy I can’t !! Because it is all in my brain !!”, never once breaking off from her groove.

Oh man….

No comments: