Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Beli jam pun salah..

Sometimes whenever my sister is away or sick, I have to go and pick up my children from school. Looking at the streaming of children passing me, I noticed that most of them have a watch adorning their wrists.

I have bought plenty of watches for my son, but none seemed very eager to stay with him. Luckily they were all the 3 for RM 10 watches.

But still, a waste is waste. 10 sen is still too much money to waste so I stopped buying until I saw how lovely his mates looked with watches on their wrists.

They looked mature, and important and so male.

Umar’s Babah loves watches and I like each and every one that he has. A friend of mine once confessed he is Hantu Tetek… and I was laughing like one big kahuna of a stupid fool when I realised what he really meant. So now I am saying I am Hantu Tangan. Ask Su, my ex-colleague. I love Madonna’s hands, something that she couldn’t understand (PS : Su, kelmarin I was bored to tears so I read all my entries and aku baru perasan hang punya request nak link blog aku kat blog hang… Awat boleh ter-miss. Hang pi link buang tak pa..)

I have again successfully veered off the subject again.

Anyway, Babah and I sneaked out of the house for a relaxed trip to Tesco. Saw watches on the way out and Babah bought two at RM 10 a piece. Kalau hilang aku tak sesak napaih, takpa lah.

They were ecstatic, my two kids. Sayu pulak tengok depa dok terkinja-kinja dapat jam bodoh tu. Awat lah mok yang had ni kejam sungguh. My son looked lovely. He never looked so grown up.

But then regret came soon after because we have to re-set their watches whenever they watch the telly or enter the cars. Jadik satu hai pulak motokar Mummy lain time, motokar Babah lain time and motokor Atuk pun lain.

Waaa !! Tension.

Anyway, the very first night Elsa had hers, I was fastening it on her wrist after her bath when she said, “Mummy, now is 7.30 Mummy (I just picked the number out from air. I have forgotten the exact time)”.

“Okay…”

“So what now ?”

“Ha ?”

“So what is happening now ? What does it mean ?”

“Erm…. What ?”

“So what is happening at 7.30 ? What does it mean ?”

“It means it is 7.30 ?”

“But why ?”

Apa ni ? Why what ?

“Why I need to know it is 7.30 ?” She insisted.

“Err… so you can tell that in a little while it will be 7.31 ?”

“So what is happening at 7.31 ? What ?”

I could sense a debate is brewing. So I just answered “So you know when you have to sleep. Now you have 2 hours to spend before you go to bed…”

She looked disappointed upon hearing my answer. What does she wants to know really ?

No comments: