Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, July 24, 2009

My girl has grown up...

There was no school on Monday for Titi, after her Sports Day.

And as usual, Dan and I didn’t know about it until she mentioned it to us. I don’t remember reading the letter and so Dan and I decided to cruise by the school to see if it is really true. It is not like we don’t trust her… it is just that well…. Last month she announced, on a Friday evening, that her Sports Day was to be that very Sunday. I failed to locate a letter from her school announcing this but since she said it is so, well… there should be one, right ? I mean I did sign a letter confirming our attendance but I didn’t get the date… I knew it was to be on a Sunday.

So we got ready that fated Sunday. The kids tuang their tennis lessons and off we walked to the field. From our house I knew something was not right because it was too quiet and there were no cars obstructing the road.

All was eerily quite. Eerie because it was like 7.30 am and the silence was deafening. There was nobody on the field. Not even butterflies. If we were in a movie, the sounds of crickets will be heard. I of course felt foolish and my brain was trying to spin tales after tales to deflect the blame from me. Actually I would prefer blame than endless ungkitan about this. I do not know why I felt I was the one answerable for this. Sigh... Minah kecik tu dah siap dengan baju sukan last year lagi… keh keh…

But Babah was not satisfied so we went home, took the car and went to inspect the school from the other side. It is not a particularly big school but Babah was insistent. Nada. All was quiet. Tranquil. No sign of activities what-so-ever. Nobody was around korek hidung pun.

Come Monday I asked her teacher, dia bantai gelak kat I. “Tak lah kak. 19 haribulan. Baju sukan pun tak bagi lagi…..” I just grinned because bodoh kan..

Anyway back to present day, we cruised by the school and saw some kiddies in the vicinity playing. But they were there for daycare as the school doubles up as one too. When we passed by, the Bibik was locking the gate and I waved at her.

Dan of course started to menyakat. “Ti ! Sekolah lah Titi ! Tu ada bibik tu !” He turned around then exclaimed, “Eh !” before bursting out laughing..

“Wooii ! Tengok tu… Kurang asam betul. Dia menyorok !” I looked behind and sure enough I saw my daughter’s butt sticking out from the car floor. The rest of her was crouching down on the car mat, lying low.

The sight of her beggers believe. Pandai pulak nak menyorok. Where did she get that idea from ? Not so innocent anymore are you, little one.

When she deemed it was safe enough, she got up with an embarrassed grin and a blushing face.

Ha ha…

No comments: