Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Mummy ni....

I am a terrible mom ! I am ! I so am ! And this after posting an article about how modern parenting can be so very competitive.

Okay, seriously why I did what I did just now has got nothing to do with being competitive. I just want the best for my baby boy, my son…

I picked him from school today because my sister is away. When he saw me, his face lit up and came running for his Mammy excitedly.

“Mummy ! I got an A for my Bahasa Malaysia !” I hugged him, muttered how clever he was and he showed me his paper. 85 %.

Well… he always got 80 something. I was expecting above the 90 % mark. My face fell.

“Macamana nak dapat nombor satu macam ni ? You cannot get nombor satu with this kind of results….” I didn’t look at him at all as I was busy looking at his paper. I spotted his mistakes and pointed out why it was wrong. We walked to the car.

In the car I was quiet because in all seriousness, I was disappointed. We studied like mad and I suppose I felt like I failed.

Picked up Elsa and we drove the rest of the journey (1 minute.. ha ha) in silence. When I opened the door, he was already outside, waiting for me, his body erect.

“Are you not happy with me ?” He asked, eyes huge. Very huge. Expectant.

Allahu Akhbar. What kind of a mother am I ? I feel so terrible, I almost lost my head.
I smiled sadly at him, stroked his cheeks and hugged him tight.

“I am baby. Mummy is sorry….”

Hmmm…..

4 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

kesian pulak aku dgr..

no lah you are not a bad mother.. just kita ni sometimes pelupa.. expect too much from our babies..

baguih la hang beringat...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

You think so ke ? Thank you very much for that....

liadevega said...

Thanx for telling this Myra, it serves as a precaution for me bila anak dah masuk sekolah nanti and when we want to get all competitive with other mummies. I hope I won't turn into that kind.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yup... hopefully we wont burden our children to excell beyond their means..