Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Birthday talks with Elsa Rashdan

“Mummy… is your birthday next week ?” Asked my daughter suddenly as we lazed on the bed. She sat up from her reclining position.

“Yes..”

“Okay, I am giving you a surprise birthday party okay ? Dahlya can do the cake. Jazmyn can do the sweets and candies. Pastu Umar can do the decoration. Abah can do the burgers and I will do the card. It is going to be sooo beautiful, Mummy… the card… It is going to have pink glitter and heart shapes with Happy Birthday, Mummy. I love you..”

Hmm….

“So… everybody else will be in charge of all the hard work, you will only be doing the card ?”

She pondered this question for a bit before answering, “Oh… making the card is susah, Mummy ! Really ! Because it is going to be beautiful….”

Suka hati ko lah, nak.

She talked about birthdays to her Wan Su also (Maksu aku memang tak aci sikit… Orang lain semua Opah, dia Wan Su… macam nama orang je… keh keh..).

“Wan… After Mummy’s birthday kan is Abah’s birthday. Abah’s birthday is in July. I am going to give Abah a surprise birthday party !” She announced importantly. I can imagine her saying it so I know she did it with great importance. He he

“Oh… ?” Maksu aku ni pun kuat mengusik. “Wan punya birthday pun in July jugak…..”

“Okay !… Then I will give you a surprise birthday party, too. There will be a cake and people will say SURPRISE to you and Abah…” Great planner, this one.

“But if you tell me now, it won’t be a surprise anymore, kan ?” Reasoned Wan Su.

My daughter was stumped for answer this time. She went quiet, then turned around and left the room !

Hai lah….. Kah kah kah !!

No comments: