Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Umar's life style

“Umm…..” Said I yesterday. All of us were already in the room, lights out waiting for sleep to come.

“Huh ?”

“Semalam kan when I was waiting for you at school I saw one guy bawak dia punya pet pegi sekolah…..”

To my kids their stuffed toys are their pets. Umar’s favourite is his giraffe given to him by his uncle Anu and Aunty Sheena for his 4th birthday, Emot. Elsa’s favorite is a cat she calls Kitty and the green teletubby she re-named Bathtub. Apart from that is a stuffed Eiffel Tower called Monsieur Bonjour (he he), a turtle they call Mr Floppy Head and entah sapa-sapa lagi. Umar is very attached to Emot that once when he left him somewhere in KLCC Dan made a desperate dash to get him back… he he…

When he was smaller Umar used to sleep with his favourite cars underneath his pillow and Emot in his arms. Now no more as I think he could feel them at the back of his huge head. Emot and friends are softer, so they stay… ha ha..

“Really ? What pet does he have ?” He asked excitedly.

“A cat… a brown one … but he is sooo huge…. Bigger than Emot…..” Said I.

“Whoa….” Said Elsa. I laughed.

“Best kan Um kalau kita boleh bawak pet pegi sekolah ?” She asked her brother wistfully.

“Don’t be funny lah, Ti. That is not our life style !!” Said Umar.

Aku ingat Dan dah tidur when I felt his body shaking. He he…. Life style apa, Umar ?

Before that we had an argument on whose turn was it to switch off the lights. I asked Titi to do it but after standing on 2 pillows, she still can’t reach it.

Umar grumbled as he got up from bed and switched off the lights.

“I am too small lah, Um..” Said Titi, noticing her brother’s annoyance.

“Okay… next time I am going to hang you on the fan, switch on the fan so that you will fly and slam on the wall. On your way down, you switch off the lights, okay ?”

Dahsyatnya ! Titi laughed.

“Umar if you dah switch on the kipas, then why don’t you just tutup the lampu ?” She asked after a long silence.


He he…..