Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The moon on Monday night was beautiful, so round, so bright.

My children and I of course talked about werewolves.

“Mummy…. Werewolves are half wolf have human, right ?” Asked Umar.

“No lah. That one is like a centaur, half human half horse. The head is human and the butt is horse…” Waaa ha ha haaa…. My children loves it if the posterior is ever mentioned.

“Werewolves are human but wheeeennnn the mooooonnnnnn is fuuullllll woooooooooo …….. they turnnnnnned into WEREWOLVES !”

Waaarrgghhhh ! Screamed the children. I am my father after all.

“So they are shape shifters then ?”

“I don’t know…” Jacob Black is a shape shifter. A gorgeous one at that… he heh… sempat tuh.

“So… if you see a werewolf… you have to run right ?” Asked Umar again.

“Yep. Werewolves eat people. But if you run, you cannot escape because they are faster than you. And if you managed to run anyway, but they scratched you first, all the werewolves’ cooties will be transferred to you. Anndd…… the neeexttttt fuuuuulllllll mooooonnnn… wooooooo…..….. yoooouuuu willlll be ONE ! Muahahahaah !!!”

“Mummy ! Stop that !” Said the little one. Ha ha.

“So…. You imagine okay. You turned into a werewolf, then the next day you noticed that your parents are missing. You searched and searched everywhere but you couldn’t find them. Then the very next day if the moon is still full, you turned again and when you woke up the house is very empty because your bibik and your siblings are gone.”

“The very next month your grandparents went missing. Then your cousins…. And you were burping all the time……”

The car was very quiet. Babahnya pun diam…. He he….

“Lepas tu your neighbours and your teachers…. And you realized that when the moon is full, your tummy is also full and all these people went missing at the same time……”

“Mummyy…..” Said my son. I was waiting for his conclusion and I tell you I was not disappointed. He he… tergelak den.

“If I ever become a werewolf kan… I will scratch my parents and my sister so that we can be werewolves together….” He said with a quiver in his voice.

Ha ha !

And this very inconsistent Mummy gets angry whenever her son quavers at the thought of going anywhere dark alone.

Okay…. I will tell him there is no such thing as werewolves tonight. He knows that by the way but I will just drive the message home.

PS: He said a werewolf can be killed by a silver spoon. A spoon ? Why not chopsticks, said Mum, because they are sharper. He he…