Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, May 04, 2007

The long weekend Part 1

Elsa. Hmmmm…..

Last week my children’s cousin Aida was sleeping over because her parents went on a holiday ( bestnya. When can I have a romantic holiday with my husband ? ). Aida of course wanted to camp out with her cousins. Now in their room, we pushed together a Queen bed with a Single ( the single is actually a day bed ) to make a large but quite separate bed. Elsa usually sleeps on the Queen and Umar on the Single.

That night I heard them arguing. Umar was yelling for Elsa to make some room for Aida. Aida was complaining loudly that she doesn’t like sleeping in such a cramped bed. I heard nothing from my daughter. When I peeked, I saw my little angel in the middle of the bed arms and legs stretched out as far as she could, looking innocently at her relatives. No matter how much I instructed, pleaded and ordered, she wouldn’t budge. Aida got fed up and slept with her Bibik instead.

The second night, I heard a loud gasp coming from the kids’ room. It was Elsa. “Bah, my room is in a mess. How can I sleep like this ? “ Amboi, siapa yang sepah bilik dia kalau bukan dia sendiri ?

When I checked in on them, I saw for the second time Aida and Umar squeezed on the day bed. I asked Aida what she was doing there and asked her to share Elsa’s bed. All three of us looked at the little terror, wondering what she would do. Elsa looked at Aida. After a long time, she asked “ Do you want to share my bed ? “ Aida quickly jumped in with her without answering.

The long weekend found us frequenting the tennis courts often. I swear, my thighs has become tighter ( I actually want them to be smaller ) and tauter. My son was relentless on the court. He never complained and hated long rests. He just wanted to be on the court, hitting the balls.

Since he only had 2 classes, he is still not very good. He could hit and all but then his balls went all over the place. He was frustrated but determined to learn. Babah served the balls and Mummy hit all the balls that he missed back to Babah. Titi is the much needed ball picker ( but usually gave up after awhile and insisted that it is her turn to be coached too. That too is usually short lived before she buried her nose in her books… my daughter…. ).

Once after tennis, we went for 1 game of bowling. It was fun for us but not for Umar. He only managed to knock 1 ball or no balls at all. At the end of the game, we had to deal with our teary eyed son. We couldn’t console him at all. What do you say to a boy who sobbed, “ I have to be clever at everything “ and pooh-poohed all your reasonings and explainations ?

2 comments:

liadevega said...

Wow, he should be the prime minister la Ala.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ye lah tu. Bila perang aje meraung. Bila kalah pihan raya meraung, bila ekonomi teruk meraung... segan aku aiihh..