Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spiderman

Since my son started primary school I have been hearing strange stories told to him by friends. I expected this. I mean I were a kid once too ( and that was not so long ago yeah ? ) and I know only kids are capable of concocting tales like that.

Umar is also very descriptive of the things he did at school, when he wishes to tell me, of course. Anywhere yesterday he told me about the game he and his classmates played during recess.

Umar : Hamshah is Spiderman, A is is Spiderman 2, B is Harry, C is Venom and I was the Sandman.

Mum : Why were you the Sandman ? I thought you would want to be Spiderman ?

Umar : Because Hamshah started it first so he gets to choose who played Spiderman. He told me to play Sandman.

Mum : So, who was MJ ?

( He blushed and gave me this weird smile he sported when there are embarrassing scenes or scenes involving girls of romantic nature on telly ).

Umar : Mum, kita main lawan – lawanlah. Mana ada girls.

Mum : But dalam cerita Spiderman ada MJ and she always needs rescuing.

Umar : Mum…. No girls mum. Kita main lawan – lawan saja.

Mum : I know… Why don’t you invite Hannah to play ? She can be MJ and then Sandman and Venom can kidnap her and then Spidermans and Harry can rescue her.

Umar : No Mum. Hannah cannot play. Don’t you know Hamshah don’t like girls ?

Hmmm….. pulak.

No comments: