Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, May 07, 2007

The long weekend Part 2

We are regulars at Cili Merah, Sek 9. Anybody who wants to see me can find me there every Saturday morning with Umar and Elsa. We are usually there by 9.30 as Umar’s piano class is at 10.30.

We are such a common face there that I do not have to order drinks anymore, as the staffs are familiar with our usual tipple. They would come and chat and help me with the kids too. The other regulars recognize us too. There is this 1 pakcik who always keep an eye on my children. Once he even rescued Elsa from falling off her chair. After that he would usually remind my daughter to sit down quietly while waiting for Mummy.

I told my husband of the stares that I got ( once, I caught the Sendayu Tinggi lady staring at me. She did that for 3 consecutive weeks. I was really upset and told Dan that if she ever comes by and offered her products to me, he has to indignantly tell her that his wife is already perfect… he he… ) when we first frequented the restaurant. Dan works Saturdays and therefore it is just the kids and I. They were just curious stares, wondering about my status I think. That is why I drag Dan for breakfast there most Sundays. Some who had seen him would figure out that he works 6 days a week or thought that I have a honey ( madu le ). And some who had not seen him assumed that I might be a single mother.

Anyway, there is this one guy who kept on staring. When everybody was already bored of us he was still looking. Maybe he hadn’t bumped into Dan with us at all. I did not really tell Dan about it because I do not know what the real deal is. However last Saturday he actually approached our table.

Him : Mana ayah ni ?

Umar : Babah saya work.

Him : Takkan lah hari cuti pun kerja ? Cuti tak kerja ( dia ingat aku ni bercerai – berai ke ? )

Umar : Yelah… bapak saya grumly….

Him : Grumly ? Apa tu ?

Umar : Garang…..

I quickly cut in the conversation and told him that my husband works Saturdays. The roti canai guy who apparently had been listening to the conversation came to us and told Umar “ Bapak awak kerja kan ? Kadang – kadang dia datang jugak…. “.

Malunya….. !! I described the incident to Dan and do you know what my husband said ? “ Lain kali Umar pakai gambar Abah lah kat leher… “.

Hmmm…………………….


******************************

My office was closed on Monday to replace the Agong inauguration Thursday, a working day for us. Therefore on Monday I was entrusted to get the tickets for Spiderman 3. After sending Umar to school, Elsa and I had our breakfast at where else but Cili Merah. We then went to SACC as Mummy had to buy lining for some of her kains and as usual ended up buying more kain for baju kurung ( I need help. I don’t know why I keep doing this. I have like 15 materials at home that have not been turned into baju kurung yet. I have actually given some to my sisters. Sapa – sapa nak beli, mailah as I know I will go and get some more….. waaahhh…. !!! ).

We then swing by Umar’s school to pick him up. Went home, had a short rest then we sent Umar to his sekolah ugama and Titi and Mummy headed off to the Curve for Spiderman tickets. We were lucky. We got the last four seats but it was the Couples’ seat ( which their Babah fondly calls Kerusi Romen ) and therefore a bit more expensive. Boleh lah, even at RM 11 a seat ( daylight robbery. How could they raise the price of tickets just because the movie is famous ? Dan said the price at GSC is RM 14/seat… wa lau weii ).

We ate at La Cucur afterwards and in the way to the car, stopped at a popular watering hole ( the coffee and tea kind of watering hole ) for banana chocolate chip muffin. Yum-my !! While waiting for our muffin ( I was carrying the little princess. She pulled her “ I am cold and shivering “ trick on me ), Elsa was looking at the pastries on display and pointed at the banana and chocolate chip muffin I ordered. “ Look Mum. I want that cookie. Got chocolate chip. “

“ That is not a cookie Titi, it’s a muffin and that is the muffin that we are getting, “

“ I like chocolate chip cookie Mummy, “

“ It is not a cookie Titi. That is a muffin, “

“ Chocolate chip cookie… yey !! “

I was about to correct her yet again when the mat salleh behind us spoke, “ It’s okay. For her I’ll call it cookie from now on…., “ and winked at my daughter.

Waa…. Malunya. I gave him an embarrassed grin and allowed him to pat my daughter.
We resumed our journey to the car. I was still carrying her and she was clutching the bag of cookie when she said, “ Mummy dengan Titi saja kan ? Umar takde, Babah takde, Mummy dengan Titi saja… “ he he….. yup darling girl. I had a wonderful day with you too, just the two of us.

No comments: