Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Amir, Umar and Elsa

Amelia and I took our children out for lunch on Saturday. Amelia sent her car for washing, she and Amir then jumped into my car. On the way, I stopped for petrol at Shell. Amir was so cute. He told me that his dad also uses Shell because " Shell bagi kete ada power ". I told him then his father was really smart because he works in Shell. He agreed and re-iterated that Shell gives power to cars.

I then pointed out to him that his mother works in ExxonMobil and therefore uses Esso. This smart little boy then said, " Itulah, ibu tak suka kete dia ada power.... ". He he...
Sunday was Umar's first tennis leson. The coach is my cousin Abg Ijam ( Kamalia, you know his sister, Rahela Abd Rahim. I think your lecturer at UUM ) who is a lecturer of Sports Science at UiTM. Initially, he was shy but eager to learn. However 10 minutes after that, the ice had not just been broken, but it thawed and was evaporating. Fast. Very fast.
We could hear his chatters and questions and chatters. He even told his coach ( not my cousin but a young, pleasent chap called Sharul ) that he doesn't like running but wants to concentrate on hitting the balls only. He was totally useless during his turn to collect the balls. He would just collect the balls in one area and ignored the rest. I shouted and pointed to where the other balls were but Dan stopped me and forbade me to interfere. Interfere ? I was not interfering. I was just telling him to do his tasks properly. Salah ke ?
Anyway, Elsa was excited too. She keeps shouting encouraging words to her brother. " You can do it Um !! " or " Hurry Um !! Run faster !! ". When we asked if she wanted to join she intially refused but towards the end of the class asked for a racquet. He he... lagi tinggi racquet dari dia.
Umar looked so cute when he played. He was determined and very eager to learn. We however borrowed the racquet from my cousin as I do not want to invest in something that he could potentially lose interest in 1 month.
Today on the way to school, he was animatedly talking about tennis when suddenly he said, " Mum, when I enter the competition in Australia .... , ". Australia ?
Mum : What competition in Australia ?
Umar : There is a tennis competition in Australia kan ?
Mum : You mean the Australian Open ?
Umar : I think so ( Tang ni mak dia dah bantai gelak ). Mum, can I enter that competition ?
Mum : Wah ha ha... sure....
Umar : If I win, will I get the trophy ?
Mum : Umar, if you win, you will win like a million ringgit Umar.
Umar : But mum, I want the trophy....
Wah ha ha ha ha...
Help !!

4 comments:

liadevega said...

Ala,
So cute of Umar. I kenai Rahela camtu2 aja, my ex-roomate panggil dia Kak Ela. About your new tagline, cuba2lah bawa berbesan org luaq2 sama...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I bukan apa Ya... susah satgi bila Raya. I anak dua saja, kalau dua-dua kawin org jauh nun tang mana-mana, pastu balik pulak rumah mak mentua, jenuh Dan nak bagi hilang sebek I.... he he.....

liadevega said...

I know an aunty yang ada anak tunggal lelaki. When anak dia kawin and dpt anak, she became so attached to her cucu and follows them everywhere, including balik raya umah besan. You jangan jadi macam tu ye.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dak kot.. I kan pemalu... he he... malu nak raya rumah orang....
Lagipun, tak lah bergaduh laki bini bila pagi raya... dekat2 senang... pagi rumah mak mentua petang rumah mak