Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Umar kena buli ke ?

Macam – macam hal si Umar. On Friday Dan’s mom announced Umar cuba ngelat pergi sekolah agama. She then duly informed us what was Umar’s excuse.

Umar : Wan, Umar tak payah pegi sekolah agama hari ni sebab uncle Joe tak hantar Dahlya and Jazmyn ( maybe demam kot I am not sure ). Aunty Wawa pening kepala dengan anak dia 3 orang tu and Aunty Su pening kepala dengan Bibik Sarah. Tak de orang nak hantar Umar…

Cakap… macam orang tua. When Dan’s mom pressed him for the real reason, he finally admitted because there is a boy who is much bigger than him who keeps asking for money… Tension….

I asked how did he asked for money, rudely or nicely ? Umar said he asked nicely, usually with “ Umar ada duit tak ? “ Hearing that, I am unsure he was a bully, maybe he really didn’t have money. Dan then asked what car his parents drive, but Umar doesn’t have the answer to that one.

Last night, we went out for dinner and Umar fell asleep in the car. When we woke him up, he cried and complained that his feet wouldn’t wake up. At that moment, I really feel for my son and without thinking I scooped him in my arms and entered the house. Elsa was jauntily walking in front of us ( I could still picture her in green sleeveless t-shirt and green flowered skirt, swaying to the song playing in her head, her figure illuminated by the neon lights outside that entered the house through the big window at the staircase ) and was shocked when she turned around and saw her brother in my arms. As we climbed the staircase, she looked at me and asked why am I carrying Umar ?

Mummy : Because Umar is my baby.

Elsa : Mummy tak sakit belakang ke ? ( my usual excuse when she asked to be carried )

Mummy : Ermm… sakit sakit… tapi sian abang kan ?

Elsa : Come on Mummy, you can do it !!

And she kept giving me encouraging words to help me carry her precious abang safely to his bed.

He he……

Anyway, what is a mother to do on Monday morning but to call his teacher ? Ustazah Rozita was shocked but assured me that she will handle the situation. And no, the boy doesn’t come from a poor family but he does go straight to sekolah agama’s nursery before going to the classes.

I assured her that if he is really poor, I do not exactly mind if he asks my son for money, but ustazah understandably doesn’t like the idea. She said the boy is a bit naughty and that is why she puts him in front next to Umar. With that I became suspicious. Why does the ustazah placed Umar in front of her ?

With that she laughed. She said my son would fall asleep as soon as he enters the class. Give him 5 – 10 minutes he will start snoring and off to slumberland. I was shocked and I emphatised. Kesian dia. Moving him to the front helped a bit. He will be nodding his head but at least he wouldn’t sleep.

What to do ? What to do ?

5 comments:

liadevega said...

Kesiannya...dia tak sempat take a short nap in between schools ke? Kalau dapat 15 min pun ok tau, since it will recharge back his energy.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I don't know. I actually am considering to pull him out of sekolah agama. I mean, you and I didn't go to sekolah agama and we turned out okay...

Ermm.... you pi ka sekolah agama ?

liadevega said...

Hehe...tak pernah pi..mengaji quran pun stgh jalan..pastu ngaji sendiri ngan my mom. Tapikan kita dulu lain, budak sekarang lagi byk cabarannya. For me, kalau u can ensure that u can teach him at home, then why not.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Pasai mengaji tu i tak kisah sangat sebab I boleh hantaq ngaji... tapi tang bahasa Arab tuh... susah jugak nak cari ustazah kelas bahasa Arab....

liadevega said...

I have a friend who teach Bahasa Arab kat sekolah menengah but I dunno how good she is with smaller kids.