Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Are you dissapointed in me Mum ?

Umar : Mum, are you disappointed in me ?

I was asked that question when I queried Umar on the things his ustazah told me, last night.

Mum : No…

Umar : Are you angry then ?

Mum : No….

Umar : So, I am okay ? I am not in trouble ?

Mum : No…. but you have to tell me why do you fall asleep in class ?

Umar : I do not have enough rest Mum. Selalu kena pegi sana pegi sini. Kena jaga Titi….

Mum : Oh really ? Jaga Titi ?

Umar : Yes… it is so hard to take care of her..

Okay…… We went out for dinner again last night. Nando’s by popular demand ( I couldn’t see what the fuss is all about actually ), so we went to SACC. As we were waiting for food, Elsa who was gazing outside suddenly pointed to Nando’s outside hut.

Titi : Look Mum, there is a celebration there…

When we looked, there were paper pink paper streamers and heart shaped decorations.

Titi : It’s Valentine’s Day…

Babah : In April ?

Titi : Look at the love, love…. ( and gestured to the hearts )

I have to tell you this, she didn’t say it like most of us with the vowel e, you know like lurve ( I was once told by a teacher that whoever pronounced it like this, he or she sounds like a constipated cow .. he he ), but lave ( like laugh with a v ) … the correct pronunciation.

Babah and Mummy exchanged looks that said, “ My baby….. “.

No comments: