Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Bandar Anggerik

I like Umar’s primary school. First of all because the headmistress is somebody that I know and trust, my Geography teacher Pn Ramlah ( now Datin Ramlah ). She had always been the nice and loving type of teacher and it is evident she’s is still the same person by the way she runs the school and the way her students are with her.

I have seen students fighting to salam and kiss her hand. I have witnessed students ran to greet her to just say hello. She sometimes would wait for her students to enter the school ground and greet them and the parents warmly ( she once asked me to introduce her to my son and I told Umar that this was my teacher.. Umar seemed unimpressed. When Umar waved me goodbye with a “ Bye Mummy “ cikgu Ramlah said “ Haa.. dah Mummy dah… “ ) and urging the kids to walk faster to the assembly ground if the bell had already rung, non-threateningly of course .. he he…

Anyway, like I mentioned I like the way she ran the school. Every morning during assembly, 1 volunteer ( or kena paksa I don’t know ) will be standing in front to recite the times table. Every morning we will be greeted with now all the too familiar “ 3 kali 3… 9, 4 kali 3… 12 “ in the same sing songy tone. Sometimes it will be “ 2 times 4 is 8 “. That one is usually noticeably at a slower pace. Anyway it is good practice because Umar now could remember a few, eventhough all jumbled up. “ 3 kali 2.. 6, 5 kali 8.. 40, 4 kali 4… 16 “. Takpelah, asal betul ye dak ? But I think the most important thing is my son has no fear for the times table. I remember I was scared of them. Even now, I am kinda uneasy of them, just in case tersilap… malu… he he…

After the times table recital, there will be 5 minutes reading time where everybody will take a storybook and read. Parents will have to ensure that students are well stocked with books in their bag. Then there will be another volunteer who will be up in front of the whole students, with a mic in her/his hand and talk about the book she/he read ( Dan said everyday there will be 2 students who is dreading to go to school ). I find it good practice because it helps to instill the love of reading. Furthermore, I think most of the students there will come out confident of their ability to talk/speak in public.

Then there are free mengaji classes every Saturday for the students. Their aim is for every student to khatam Quran by 12. Last month there was Solat Camp where each student were assessed on their correctnesss of their solat. Good huh ?

One more thing I like about the school is how polite most the students are. Everyday I will be greeted by the pengawas and sometimes by the students. “ Selamat pagi Kak… “ haa… itu part yang paling syok tuh… Kak….. he he….

1 comment:

Den Farid said...

haiya..."kak???" okaylah, kasi chance