Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Umar's Song

Ohh…. Menggigil emak ni semalam. I came home to Umar’s announcement that he is entering a singing competition in school. Eyes wide, I asked him why he wants to do a thing like that. He said because cikgu suruh. When I asked him why his teacher made a request such as that he said because teacher asked the whole class to enter… Ingatkan cikgu dia specifically asked him to enter…

Anyway, I asked him if there are any songs in his mind and he excitedly told me he has a funny song that he wishes to sing for the competition.

“ Lets hear it, “ I say and istighfar was all I could muster when I heard it. It was a fun ditty but it was of his own composing… Waahh !! It goes something like this ( the gist of it lah )

The weather is hot here
I want it to be cold
But Shah Alam has no snow
So I have to go to London or Paris

Oh Malaysia why are you so hot ?
Please give me some snow
I want to play outside
But I am always sweating

Oh Malaysia, oh Malaysia

Okay, the lyrics are not half bad, although it is a major inducer of discreet ( at that moment ) laughter but the melody was inconsistent. Sekejap macam ada his own melody, sekejap macam ada London Bridge, sat lagi another nursery rhyme.

Umar : Is it good Mum ?

Mum : Err… yes… You don’t want to sing other songs that people already know ?

Umar : I think my song is better mom… it is fun…

Mum : Sure, but I don’t think you have the melody right..

So he sang the song again…

Mum : Umar, your melody is different now and your lyrics has changed too. Maybe we should sit down and I can write down your words again so that you could remember..

Umar : Good idea. I think you should sit on the piano too….

Aaahhh… banyak kerja pulak……

That happened on our way to McDonald’s. I hate going there. Selain dari my perut is very Melayu, they serve Coca-Cola… Hmm… enough said. So yesterday, I was coerced going there by my son’s “ You are the best mother in the world Mum. Can we go to McDonald’s ? Ada toy Ninja Turtles that I really like. “

Hmmm….. Awal – awal dah cakap the best mother in the world macam mana nak refuse ?

2 comments:

Den Farid said...

so what's the outcome of the song??? ha ha so funny!!! bawaklah dia datang sini, visit we all during winter!Ummi Yasmin

Cik Puan Kamil said...

He got to sing a song with a classmate aptly named Amar ( Umar and Amar.. comelnya )tapi cikgu dia pilih lagu.... Nasib baik...