Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Umar, Elsa and potato crisps...

Dan woke up hungry Sunday morning. He went to look for his hidden Lays and ate in bed. The leftover was placed next to him. Then Umar woke up and as usually jumped into our bed and inadvertently saw the crisps. He asked permission to eat it but I did not allow it, as it was still too early.

We watched telly and Umar left for his room. Suddenly Dan saw him on all fours heading towards the crisps. We kept our eyes glued to the telly and watched him from the corner of our eyes. He slowly reached for the potato, took some and hurriedly crawled to his room again.

Dan and I looked at each other. What ? Does he think we are blind ? He then came again, on all fours once more but this time took the box with him, and ate while crouching and watched the telly with us. What ? Does he think we really are that blind ?

Like when I pray. Do they think I am in another world when I pray ? A few weeks ago, while I was performing my Maghrib, Elsa played with my stuffs on my vanity table. Suddenly I heard an “ O-oh… “. I heard a hasty cleaned-up act, then she slowly climbed down the chair and walked backwards until she get to the bed and jumped on it. I heard her breathed a sigh of relief.

When I checked my stuffs, I found a totally ruined Chanel lipstick. “ ELSA !!!! “. Why walked backwards ?

Again, I was on my prayer mat, reading the Quran in between Maghrib and Isyaq. I could sense my son hovering behind me, looking for something at the vanity table. He then said, “ Okay, stealth…. Slowly.. “ Then he said, “ Tip toe… “ and proceeded to do so. When he was about to climbed on my chair, I gave out aloud , “ HOI !! “. Ha ha… he was so shocked, he toppled over and landed on me……..

Ha…. Again…. Where does he think I was ? I WAS RIGHT THERE !! Maybe because I always ignored them when I pray, they think I will be oblivious to the happenings around me ? Or does he think he could be invisible ?

The earlier-mentioned Lays though quickly became a source of a fight between them both. Elsa woke up and saw Umar munching away and demanded for some. Umar told her to get it from us and so she ran to our room and requested for it. Dan told her to take the whole box to her room.

Elsa : Okay Babah. Thank you…

Mummy : Share dengan U-um okay ?

Elsa : Okay Mum. Sure…..

Nope, it didn’t happen. She refused to share and tears of course flowed from both parties. Babah went in the battleground to help restore peace but ended up kelahi dengan Elsa. I heard a few “ Babah jahat.. “ and “ Tak nak kawan dengan Babah… “ and “ Titi nak Mummy saja… “. Of course while Babah was there, he saw the state of their room and naik angin lagi. A new war ensued and the both of them had to clean up.

I was in the bathroom at that time and when I went in to look at them, Elsa was on the bed, red eyed and Umar was picking up his toys. When Elsa saw me, tears flowed again and she reached for me for comfort.

Elsa : Babah naughty Mummy….

Mummy : Kenapa Titi tak nak share dengan Umar ?

Elsa : Because itu Titi punya…

Mummy : Jangan macam tuh… you always have to share…. Umar pun suka Lays jugak…

Umar : Titi tau tak semua budak suka makan potato chips … ? Dah lah aku jugak yang kena kemas sorang – sorang……

Ha ha ha… Dan and I tergelak besar bila dengar.. kelakar lah Umar.

Tapi Umar memang anak Babah dia…. Champion leter… The scene below happened last night. Elsa although is already toilet trained will still be encased below the navel with pampers… just in case….. Anyway, we were at Petronas Sek 6, I was paying and Dan was waiting by the pump. When I entered the car, Umar dok membebel…

Mummy : Apahalnya Umar ?

Umar : I could smell something horrid Mum. Titi berak. Ti, you are already 4 years old !! You cannot do this anymore. If you need to berak… you have to tell people. You have to do it in the toilet !! You cannot do it in your pampers… Busuk tau… It is sooo horrid !!

Ya Allah…. Rentikan lah Um…. Especially since Elsa did not do the poo-poo….

No comments: