Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Shoo !!

Umar is such a grown boy now. I remember being worried about him being 2 and still couldn’t talk properly… ½ a year later he did at an alarming alacrity and now, 5 years later I worry about his inability to stop. Why did I bother to worry in the first place ?

Last night, I heard him bickering with Elsa ( what’s new ? ). He was all hot and bothered and Elsa was speaking in a more conciliatory, mollifying tone. When he saw me, he raised his voice up a notch, “ Mum, Titi berak lagi dalam pampers… Titi… I told you the smell is horrid !! Why do you keep doing this ? “. Elsa was leaning against the bed and from her position I surmised her abang had taken a peep at the contents of her pampers.

Mummy : Elsa o-ok ke ?

Titi : Ha…. O-ok….

Mummy : Why do you that ? Dah lama dah Titi berhenti…..

Titi : I don’t know Mummy..

Mummy : ( After checking her bottom ) Tak de pun Umar ?

Umar : You have to go deeper inside Mum. It is somewhere there…

Mummy : Oii… tak delah. Bau pun tak de….

Titi : Takde o-ok ke Mummy ?

Mummy : Oi… you don’t know whether you ada ke tak de ?

Titi : Tak de ? Okay……

Ada ke ? Sendiri punya hal pun tak tahu ?

Last week, we were eating dinner at home and Umar being a very picky eater, scrutinized every spoonful of food before he allowed it to enter his mouth.

Mummy : Tak de benda Umar. Just eat them. There is nothing there that tastes bad.

Umar : Mum … I can see something that I don’t like there…

Babah : There is nothing there Umar… makan aje…. I cannot see anything …

Umar : Bah, I have big eyes okay ? I can see everything !! I have big eyes… I can see more than you….

Ye ke ? I myself am very unsure…

Seperti biasa ( at least on alternate days ) she had a fight with her Babah. This time because she ripped one of Abah’s comic books. She was wailing loudly and Abah saja tambah mengusik… just to see her get angrier. I then told Dan to leave the room, as I know his parents would be coming to rescue their granddaughter soon.

Elsa : Yes Bah.. Shoo! Shoo !!

Babah : Shoo ? ( Mummy and and Babah exchanged looks )

Elsa : Bah, I don’t want to see your face. Get away from me Bah. Leave my room !!

Mummy : Elsa that is not very nice….. that is so rude

Elsa : Bah.. shoo Bah.. shoo !!

Baru nak cekak pinggang, Dan’s mum dah jenguk…. She refused to leave with her grandma but when she looked at me for support and saw my face, she quickly left with Dan’s mom. Outside, Dan’s father was waiting for her. Nanti kau, Elsa… I still have that bone to pick with you…. Shoo indeed !!