Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Abang's surprising request

Yesterday we had dinner at ITM cafe. We go there quite a lot as the food, although the choice is limited, is good. The nasi ayam is nice and I see it as our support for ITM, especially as they are training our muda - mudi the art of being a restauranteur. My only problem with them is on their choice of beverage. They only sell drinks from this brand that I have boycotted for ages due to their 'rumoured' support for the Israel state. Anyway,
Abang : Babah, I miss our old house.
-
Babah : Why ?
Abang : Because, at our old house we have a sofa. So bila Abang sakit perut, when I get home I can just go and baring at the sofa.
-
Mummy : Kat rumah Wan kan ada sofa ?
-
Abang : Yes, but we need to have our own house Mummy.....
-
Mummy : Abang you are mightily clever for a boy your age.
-
Abang : It is not about Abang clever Mummy, Abang nak rumah kita yang ada sofa for me to baring when Abang sakit perut....
-
Mummy : Ishh... budak ni.....
-
Actually, this request is not new from Abang, therefore it is hardly surprising. When we first moved, he had already voiced his protest. But you know, children do not exactly have rights when big decisions are made. We just tried to make things better for him. I would say since we moved, he had mentioned a few times on the need for us to get our own place. But what is surprising is him mentioning the sofa. I suppose he is right. Dulu, when he got home, he would jump on the sofa first, switch on the telly and quietly do his own things.
-
I really though he is already over it. Know what I mean ? Hmmm........ Maybe he needs some time to get used to the house. We'll see....

No comments: