Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Kesian anak - anak Mummy

On Monday we broke fast at Tok Mi's house. Mummy went there straight from the office to help Tok cook. Abang and Adik arrived at Tok's house around 7 pm as I glanced to look at the wall clock when I heard the calls for me from you two. Abang raced in first and gave Mummy a big hug when you saw me at the kitchen door. "Hai Mummy...," was all you said but the way you said it was priceless, all smiles and looking up at me while your hands circled my waist. You then let go of me to look for your Mamus and Ciks.
-
Then I saw my little girl running, her eyes searching and all the while asking, " Mana Mummy ? Mana Mummy ? " When you saw me Adik, you broke into the most beautiful smile I have ever seen and your hug when it came to me was tight. "Mummy !" you said and indicated that you want me to carry you. You rested your head on my shoulder darling girl, and told me about your day ( it usually involved a lot of violence and I couldn't understand 50% of what was being told ).
-
Then yesterday, Babah had a function and Mummy had a splitting headache. I went straight to Tok's house and asked her to give me a little massage. Tok's hands worked like magic and soon I drifted to sleep. I woke just before adzan and I broke bread with Tok, Mamu Jat and bibik Atik. After that I prayed with Tok and had a lovely time. It was about 9.45 when I got to you two.
-
Abang was already asleep but Adik was wide awake. Mummy left Abang with Atok ( since he is too heavy for me to carry ) and we walked back to our room. Adik, you kept saying, "Mummy dah balik ke ? Ini Mummy ke ? " over and over again that I felt so wretched for not getting to my babies earlier. We watched the telly while waiting for Babah and then we went out to have roti canai for soq at 12. At dawn, Abang knocked on the door and went straight to lie next to Mummy before falling asleep again.
-
Mummy is really sorry for not being home earlier, but duty calls. Please remember that I am not just your Mummy but I am also a daughter that needs her Mummy as well... But it feels so nice to be loved and needed.

No comments: