Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My sappy kids

I am not much of a telly watcher. Last night, for some reason I was more fed-up with it so I went upstairs to read. Elsa of course followed and after 10 minutes, Umar showed his face.

We talked while the 3 of us read. Elsa soon got bored of her book, took my handphone and started larking about with it, filming his abang reading. I grabbed the phone and suggested that we record our singing.

Me first and I belted out Torn by Natalie Imbruglia. Since it is the kids’ favourite song too, they joined in. Kacau aje.

Elsa sang lagu bodoh Aku bukan Superman which was funny because she made up the lyrics as she went along. Batman and Spiderman segala keluar. Umar sang a horribly nasal rendition of Suasana Aidilfitri. Poor boy. Even he winced when we played his singing.

And so it went on, taking turn to sing one by one. The kids went further under the duvet and I sighed; while singing Lost In Space, pretending to be the bald bloke from Lighthouse Family; as I knew the kids will definitely sleep with us that night.

Strategy baik punya.

As they smiled and laughed and talked with half-open eyes, I said, “Okay… I am going to sing a song for you, okay ? This song is for Mummy’s Um and Titi…”. And started singing Rock A Bye Baby.
Rock a bye baby
On the tree top
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
When the bough breaks
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all

After I finished, we listened to it again. When that was over, Elsa said, “This is soooo embarrassing…”

He he… What ? You found my singing embarrassing ?

No Mummy… She said. I feel like crying….. And she encircled my body with her tiny, tiny hands for a tight hug. I smiled. Then I reached for Umar’s face to stroke his cheeks, finding it wet with tears.

Apalah sentimentalnya budak-budak ni..

He he…

No comments: