Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Muka Elsa

My daughter approached me last week and said, “Mummy… Aleesya kan .. kalau ada apa-apa new things.. She will always go first. Everytime Mummy. It is always her first, then me second and Ana third. Me and Ana could never go first…” I love seeing her face when she executed this speech. Eyes big, eyebrows knitted together…wonderful.

“Tell me, Mummy… Is that fair ? Is it ?”

I didn’t say anything but just looked at her, marveling at the play of emotions on her face.

“Mummy… Tell me, is that fair ? Ha ? Ha ?” She insisted after Mummy didn’t even attempt a reply.

He he…. Maybe that is why sometimes my kids are frustrated with me… I love to see their faces and therefore sometimes I didn’t respond to their questions. It wasn’t anything other than I was just too busy admiring their faces. Somehow Mummy is unable to multitask when she gazes at her babies’ faces.

Before that, we Mummy and Titi, had a discussion about Ana. “Titi kena sayang adik, jaga adik… Make sure she is okay, kena pandai mengalah, okay ?? Dia adik kan... macam U-um jaga Titi, sayang Titi. So Titi pun kena sayang Ana, kan ?”

She listened to me with had cocked to one side. I kept quiet after I concluded my nasihat for the day, waiting for her response. Then it came, her face turned up to me, eyes squaring up to mine, with a solemn face. “Mummy…. Tahu tak…. Esya kan….” Here she paused, shook her head and added, “Dia kan tak sayang adik dia….”

I raised my eyebrows. “Iya… sebab dia selaaaaaalu marah Ana, Mummy…..”

Mummy got all choked up when she said that because the face and the manner she said it was exactly the same as 4 years ago, when she said to me, “Abaah…. selaaaaaalu marah Titi….” That time, she had just learned to talk and her full sentence like that was precious and rare.. and somehow that one, that “Abaah… selaaaaalu marah Titi…” was the one that was firmly etched in my memory.

Alahai anak Mummy ni…..

No comments: