Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How to answer this ?

Dan and I were busy helping our kids with their toilette last weekend. They had a birthday party to go to so extra efforts were made.

Dan was on the bed, combing his daughter’s hair when I heard Dan said, “Yes you are. But there will always be somebody prettier than you….” He said kindly.

“What did she ask you Dan ?” I enquired when she left the room.

“Biasalah. Am I pretty, Bah ?”

He he….

I went down to iron my tudung. I saw her sitting watching the telly and went to give her a cuddle and dispense all the advice on good manners and etiquettes that I could think of.

She nodded her head, said “Okay, Mummy” at all the right places. When I finished she straight away asked, “Who is prettier than me ?”

Mummy took a big gulp of air. She really, really likes to shock me, this one. Takde salam, takde warning, takde pembuka kata... straight to the point and takde kena-mengena (Ian... read slowly) dengan topik yang sedang dibincangkan.

Mummy pondered a bit and went, “Well….” without any inkling of what the next word should be. Luckily she was saved by Umar who requested for her help. At that point she thanked Allah SWT for Umar's tubbiness and hence rendered him a bit hopeless to button up his trousers.

Phewww !!

4 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

patut hang kata.. "mummy is prettier than u" ngengenege

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dia sure tak puas hati kalo aku cakap lagu tu... Ha ha.. Awat anak aku perasan na ? Balqis lagu tu dak ?

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

errr..balqis tak la plak lagu tu.. aku la plak yg sibuk dok canang yg dia tu comey... hehhehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sah lah anak aku jenis perasan.. WAAA !!