Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ewau bule...

Last two weeks my homecoming was greeted excitedly by my son.

“Mummy ! Hari ni kan cikgu kan ajar kelas saya nyanyi lagu best !!” His face was so happy, so excited, I wondered lagu apa yang syok sangat ni ?

“Really ? Lagu apa ?” I asked as I hugged his very comforting bulk. You know that he can wear my shoes now ? My baby boy…..

“Ewau bule. It is an old Malay song, Mummy ! Iye, cikgu saya cakap. You want me to sing for you ?”

Errr….. after his We Are The World I wasn’t too keen on his singing, but a good mother I am, so I gave my assent. I settled on the sofa and braced myself. To give him some credit, his singing is better now, not that nasal but it was still an excruciating experience for me because,

a) His face was damn serious. Why ?
b) He swayed from side to side while singing, hands following the swing of his body. A bit like dikir barat only that he was standing on his two feet.

All the while I kept thinking where should I look ? Should I look him right in the eyes as his’ were trained or more appropriately bored on my face. It is only polite that I meet his eyes, yeah ? But I just couldn’t keep a straight face as it was too comical; the singing and the body and hand swaying in perfect accord.

Eyes could reveal your true feelings so I was debating whether to just widen it or crinkle it as all my eyes wanted to do was close. I think if he smiled, I wouldn’t be in this dilemma. Plus the song was too damned long. He kept repeating the same stanza over and over again. I didn’t have the heart to interrupt him so I endured.

After like, gosh…. I dunno…. 3 hours ? The song was over and I clapped and shouted bravo (not ENCORE though. I wouldn’t dare just in case he knows what it means). And he beamed and he smiled and he grinned, my happy little performer. Aaah….. so my patience and internal conflicts were duly rewarded.

That done, I started dinner when Babah came home. Umar jumped on him and started his intro and then before I knew it, he started his little show again. Babah was still standing, hand midway from loosening his tie.

Neti was beside me and we looked at eachother, raised our eyebrows and giggled. I looked at my husband again and his very schooled face. Well, not really lah as his mouth was gaping a bit.

“Tadi pun macam itu, kak…” Said Neti.

“Habis sekolah mahu mandi dia udah nyanyi…” And dengan itu, bibik ku pun start “Ewau bule..... ewau bule….” Imitating my son, complete with the hand and body affect.

Oh God… Don’t tell me she meant to do the whole thing too ? Luckily (and I mean this with a huge sigh of relief) she stopped and giggled.

Babah’s hands were on his waist now and I know if Umar doesn’t stop, Babah is definitely going to say something.

“Weii…. Berapa kali ko nak ulang ni ?” He demanded. Umar stopped, laughed and hugged his Babah. “Macam tu lah, Babah. Lagu tu… yang Cikgu saya ajar tu….”

He he…..

Please teacher don’t teach him any Ulik Mayang or Boria songs… Please I beg you !!

2 comments:

liadevega said...

hahahaha...

ayesha pun sama...takdak bakat langsung dlm nyanyian dan tarian ni..membuatkan maknya ni nak sarung kepala dgn paper bag everytime she did it...tp being a good mom, like u...aku pun cuba control macho tp always end up gelak terbahak2.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Nasib kita Ya.... kah kah