Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Battle of egos....

Okay so this happened like I don’t know when but sometimes when I look at my children talking I will remember this conversation (if you can call it that lah) that transpired while we were having dinner.

I think I made meat loaf, which is a collective favourite in my household, and Elsa requested for a second helping. Banyak-banyak, she said.

“Ti, I am just going to put a little on your plate first, okay sebab nanti kalau tak habis, sayang….” Said Mummy. Well it is true. Babah would always wait after his first helping to see if his children clear off their plate. If they do, he would take his second helping and if they don’t he would finish off theirs first. Waste not, yeah ?

Anyway, my little girl of course protested and for sure Abang masuk campur.

“Ti, you never finished anything in your life ! So jangan bising-bising !”

Elsa didn’t like it one bit. Her face hardened, her eyes very steely looking at her brother.

After a moment of silence, she said, “Oh really ? You want a race, Um ?” Head up, geared for a battle. Mummy invisible to her already.

“Because I CAN finish a race…!”

Fulamak. Terkedu jap Mummy kat situ. Her eyes travelled to her son to see his reaction. Abang didn’t rise to take the bait. In fact he was busy with his food. He did say something though. His eyes still on his food he said, “Huh… I am bigger. I will win….” in a bored tone.

Uuuhhhh…….

Elsa ?

She screwed her eyes at her brother before resuming her eating, reluctantly.

Pheeewwww…..

No comments: