Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Umar ku yang tembam

I was eating keropok sayur last week when Umar entered my room. I offered him the keropok, knowing it is one of his favourites.

“No, thank you. I don’t want it…”

“Are you sure ?”

“Yes…. I’m trying to lose weight so I cannot eat crunchy stuffs…” Mula dah teori merepek dia nih.

Umar has been complaining about his knee lately… well for about 3 months already. Jalan pun terdengkut-dengkut, especially after he’d been sitting for a long period. We took him to see Dr Woodhull and he diagnosed over-weight-ness… he he… The good doctor said his legs couldn’t support his wide girth.

Okay. So we have been watching his food. Him not so but lately he has been quite cautious about what he eats. His tennis coach had been quite good. Incorporating workouts that would him build his muscles in his lessons.

“Okay. I am glad that you are starting to take care of yourself…” said me, putting the keropok away. Well if my son is on a diet, I will support him.

“Yup. I cannot eat crunchy stuffs because they can make me fat. My friend Iddin is very thin mummy… because kan mak dia kan bagi dia makan soft food. Nasi lah… mee lah….”.

“Okay, so you want to take that to school instead of the usual stuffs I give you ?”

“Tak payah. Dia beli kat canteen je…..”

Ha !! That one is a no-no… Mummy tak percaya the level of kebersihan at any canteens. So that is why nowadays Mummy cooks Umar’s bekal malam-malam.
Pengorbanan.

2 comments:

liadevega said...

wah...very the pengorbanan mami ala. aunty kamalia ada recipe of bfast food that kids wud probably love to take to school, compiled from internet. mami ala nak ke?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Uiihh.... nak..... kesian jugak depa ni bosan dok ulang 2-3 macam.... thank you..