Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Imran's birthday party

We were invited to attend a birthday party for Imran Shah yesterday. Imran belongs to Razif, Dan’s good friends since school and of course his mother, Emma. We were in a massive dilemma when the invitation came. Sunday was our 15th anniversary ( 9 of them 15 married ) but Razif is a dear friend to Rashdan and we missed his son’s last birthday, so we decided to honour Imran’s invitation.

It was so much fun for the kids. We arrived late because Elsa was sleeping (so were the parents because Babah had taken to wake up at 4 – 5 am in the morning and Mummy would be awake too since Babah switches on the telly, and therefore both of us were sleep deprived ) and found the party already in full swing. A three-legged race was going on. Umar….. well…. He hates to miss out. When he saw what was going on, he asked Razif, “Can I join in ?” Mummy and Babah winced.

“Umar, they have already started playing… come here !!” Ordered the very distraught mother. “So sorry Umar. We have more indoor games after this, okay ?” Said Razif. So we went inside, and my children were soon making new friends ( kids are amazing. They can make friends easily ). Soon I could make out my son’s voice among the din and he was starting new games and devising them.

“Dan… benda yang I paling takut sekali is if Umar gives suggestions on what games to play. Or even worse, how to make it more interesting….” Said I.

“So I assume you will not be watching ?”

“Please…. Thank you…” I do love my husband.

But who could actually resist ? I feel that only my authorative voice could tame Umar, so my presence is needed. First game was Passing the Parcel and guess who got the first round ? My son of course. He had to sing a song.

“But I don’t know any songs !!” Phew, I was thinking he was going to sing a number by Daughtry of Linkin’ Park. He was asked to sing ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’ instead and all went well.

Then they had Statue Dance but the kids were already well acquainted with the game and so it was hard to eliminate anybody. Umar went out after 4 rounds because his knee was acting up ( “I play too much tennis, that is why” was his excuse and everybody looked at us. “Rashdann…… Myra……..” said Razif one eyebrow up. Kurang asam punya Umar…).

Elsa though was beautiful. She smiled and she danced and her face was bright. She was having the time of her life. I had never seen her looked more beautiful…. She went out after about the 6th round when most of us were already flummoxed on how to end the game. It was then decided to turn it into a dancing contest for the rest of the players. The birthday boy won and the hosts were not being bias at all. He was a wonderful dancer and deserved the first place.

Then came the lucky draw. Razif and Emma prepared prizes for everybody and all are assured of a price but it was fun to see all the excited faces. More fun to watch them trying to wait patiently for their number, really. When Umar got his, Elsa was upset.

“Uncle I haven’t got my presents yet ….” Said she in the cutest voice ever. Her eyes were huge. When the next number came up, she shouted “Me ! Me !” when it is not her number and I tell you confusion breeds noise… Ha ha…. Dan and I were laughing like mad. When number after number came up and her turn to get the delicious looking goodies still failed to materialise, she became rather agitated. Her brows furrowed and her forehead sported a lot of lines. She kept saying “Uncle..saya belum dapat lagi ….”.

When Imran shouted “22 !!” everybody was relieved. He he….

All in all it was a good birthday party. Thank you Razif, Emma and of course Imran. Happy 5th birthday !!

PS : The part starts at 3 and by 3.30 Umar was already frantic. He came to wake us up but I ordered him out because Babah was sleeping soundly at that time. Do you know what he did ? He asked his grandma to send him to the party. His directions ? “The rumah kat seksyen 12 yang ada banyak kereta and ada balloons…..”

No comments: