Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mums and parrots

This very morning, I asked my little girl if she loves me.

Mummy : Elsa sayang Mummy tak ?

Elsa : I love you, Mummy ! I love you and parrots ?

Eii ? Parrots ? Apa ke hal ?

Mummy : Parrots ?

Elsa : Yes.. I love parrots ?

My hands were already on my waist as I looked enquiringly at her. But I think she mistook it as hurt. She came to hug me.

Elsa : But I love you more, Mummy. I really, really love you…

*********************************************************************

Usually whenever my children have their piano lessons, Dan and I would walk around the shopping complex to pass time. One day though, we were late and when I entered the music school, I heard my little girl shouting for me.

Elsa : Mummy !!

When I didn’t answer, she hollered, “Aunty May-wa !!!”. Nama aku le tu, setelah dipelatkan.

Dan and I we didn’t want to start yelling for her in the very confined space, so we just walked quickly to her. But before she could see us, we heard her say, “See teacher ? Now my Mummy is lost !! Mummy !! Mummy !!”. Her voice was full of despair. I couldn’t even describe her elation when she saw us.

Hmmm…………………. I will cherish the moments of being the most important person to my children. But when I ceased to be that… well at least I have the memories that I once were…..

No comments: