Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Adik duduk rumah lagi Bah

Oh kesiannya anak ku Adik. Today as I was preparing for work, Amelia called me up to inform that there was a massive traffic jam that started at Batu 3 tol. Then my husband called me up to inform me of the same thing plus the NPE was also badly congested at Bangsar. Okie dokie. What would a commuter do but wait for the jam to ease up.

I was having a wonderful morning with Adik, colouring, drawing and watching the telly. At 8.50 am I started to iron my tudung. She accompanied me when I did that, chattering away. Then I put on my tudung and resumed watching the telly with her waiting for 9 am to come.

When it came, I bid my goodbye. She hurriedly switched off the telly. I was shocked.

Mum : Why did you switch off the telly ?

Adik : ( Head bowed, looking lost and awkward ) Adik nak ikut Mummy.

Mum : Nak ikut pegi mana sayang? Mummy nak pegi kerja Adik.

Adik : Mummy kan hantar Adik pegi school ?

Aiseh. She said it very quietly and how can I say this… like so full of hope and scared at that the same time. Afraid that I would say no ? She looked sheepish too.

Mum : Adik tak pegi school lagi okay ? Nanti kita cakap dengan Babah lagi ye ?

Adik : Adik nak pegi school, Mum.

I dialed her father’s number.

Mum : Adik cakap dengan Babah okay ?

Adik : With the telephone ? You are calling Babah ?

I nodded.

Mum : Babah… your daughter wishes to speak with you.

Adik : Bah…. Adik duduk rumah lagi Bah. Adik tak pegi school…..

I heard Babah’s voice and then,

Adik : Thank you Bah… Bye !!

Mum : Babah ?

Babah : I told her next week. New month.

Mum : Okay.

The thing that made me pity her more is her demeanour when she switched on the telly. Embarrassed, resigned… I don’t know…

2 comments:

liadevega said...

Sian Elsa... so you have decided which school to send her?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yup. Kindergarten depan sekolah agama sek 3 since we are moving just behind the kindergarten. Dan's mom's neighbour sends her children there and she said her son now could read the papers !! They promised me that Elsa could read in 8 months.

Elsa wants to read badly. My teaching is slow and unprofessional and my style and system is not consistent. I feel this is the best school for her. She wants to read my engineering books right away... seriously !!