Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Neraka

We went to Pizza Hut for dinner yesterday due to popular demand. I sat next to Adik and Abang was with his Babah. Sometime during the meal, Adik dipped her fingers in her drink. Babah sternly told her to quit doing it and I questioned her need to do so.

That night she chose me as the orang jahat. She sat stonily, facing other tables. She decided to un-join herself from her family. Okay, takpa. Garlic bread arrived, no movement. Babah kindly placed one on her plate. She ignored them. Pizza arrived and still not a stir from her. Babah again placed a slice next to her bread.

I then picked up her plate and offered it to Babah. She stared at her plate with a horrified look. Finally some movement. Her face scrunched, eyes narrowed, she finally gave an indication that she was upset. Kalau tidak tadi pretended like she didn’t belong at all.

I put it back and she resumed her indifference. I picked up her plate again and this time she emitted some sound from her mouth. Babah told me to switch places.

As soon as Babah sat next to her, barulah ayaq mata nak bergenang. After a hug and a reassuring cuddle from her Babah, she said she wanted to eat. Oh… But Mummy wanted to create some trouble. I looked at her with narrowed eyes. I kept on staring, my gaze steadily on her.

She looked at me worriedly. She looked away and then landed her eyes on me again and still I kept on looking. “ Bah… mummy is looking at me… “ she complained. Babah gave me an exasperated look which I of course ignored. Then Babah placed the standing menu at a spot where our view of each other is obscured.

“ Thank you Bah, “ she said happily. Then she began to eat.

Okay, takpa Adik… it’s okay.

In the car Babah gave a lecture on neraka and fighting with one’s parents. It worked as when we arrived home, while she was taking off her clogs, she apologized which followed by a hug.

I tucked them into bed. She of course asked me if I wanted to sleep with her. Ohh…. I dengan bangganya said, “ Siapa yang tak nak kawan Mummy tadi ? Marah Mummy, tak nak tengok Mummy… “. I looked at her pointedly. She came to me and whispered, “ I already said sorry Mum. Sudah lah…. Okay ? I said sorry already…. Takpa, takpa kay ? “.

O-kay. I switched on the telly and we settled to watch cartoon. Lucky for me there was a scene that involved a huge roaring fire and therefore took the opportunity to preach about neraka again.

“ Haa.. tengok tu api besar. Macam tulah kat neraka nanti. Kalau orang yang tak hormat mak bapak dia, selalu marah – marah mak bapak dia… masuk neraka macam tu lah… “ I started.

“ Siapa yang naughty mesti masuk neraka. Sapa nak nasuk neraka duduk dengan api besar ? “ I asked.

“ No… I don’t want Mum, “ said Abang. But my little girl… hai…. She said “ It’s okay Mum. I can bring a water gun… “. Apa nak kata ?
-
Tak terkata apa.
-
But I did preach about the futility of water guns in neraka. Coupled with a lof disdain for the contraption. Hope she understands. Please….

No comments: