Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Attitude grading

Last weekend on our way to Cili Merah before Abang’s piano class, Abang found his old report card from Kindergarten time. He diligently studied it and was making comments on his findings. He however was extra excited about the page on his attitude.

Abang : Mum look !! I get G for everything mom. G is good right ?

Mum : Yes, I suppose so.

Abang : I am friendly, helpful, willing to share… willing tu apa Mum ?

Mum : Willing tu is like you don’t mind doing things. Willing to share means you don’t mind sharing.

Abang : I am so nice kan Mum ? What is independent ?

Mum : Independent means you can do work on your own. You don’t need people to help you.

Abang : That is right. I have always been clever kan Mum ? I always know what to do…

Mum : Yelah tu… Jangan dok perasan sangat. If you need help, never be afraid or embarrass to ask for help. You cannot know everything…

He took his report card with him into the restaurant. As usual, one teh limau suam for me and one teh tarik for my children to share. And as usual they will fight for the bubbles. After one heated argument that made Mummy put her hands on her waist ( woii… apa cekak pinggang dalam bahasa omputih ? ) , lips one straight line, Abang and Adik withdrew. But Abang was not satisfied. He snatched open his report card and showed it to Adik.

Abang : Look Adik, I am willing to share okay ? See ? See ? I will not minum the bubbles sampai habis.

Adik whose ego is the size of watermelons ( that is big considering her itty bitty size ) started to pout. She ate without looking at her brother. Abang’s problem is this, he can’t stand people being angry at him. He wants everybody to love and cherish him all the times. Seriously, Adik’s sulking shouldn’t hurt or disturb him, but it did.

Again he opened his report card.

Abang : Look here. Teacher Devi said I’m friendly. So I want to be friends. Okay Adik ? I’m sorry.

Adik : It’s okay Abang……

Everybody is smiling again. Mummy was mentally writing their blog already.

No comments: