Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Adik punya hal

My daughter really has a smart mouth. Aduiihhh…

As usual, Saturday morning we were at Abang's music school, waiting for him to finish his class. A boy who became Abang’s friend arrived and upon seeing me asked for my son’s whereabouts. He then fired a lot of questions my way and I was struggling to answer and read my paper at the same time.

I do not what was eating my daughter that day. As I was answering the questions, Adik suddenly said, “ Oh.. shut up !! “. Both of us stopped to look at her. He then jumped out and down saying “ Oh… you said a bad word… !! “ over and over again and my daughter keep on answering with “ No. No. No. “.

I didn’t want to interfere mostly because I wanted to see if my little girl can stand up on her own, so I just sat there and watched and so did a few other parents. Adik crossed her arms, face defiant. He gave up after awhile and went to look at the many rows of guitars and picked one up. There is a little guitar for sale there. It is so small Adik could play the guitar while standing up. It was as if it was made for her.

I could see Adik’s horrified face when that boy picked the guitar up. “ That is not yours, “ she said, wagging her finger. He ignored her and began strumming. “ Put it back, “ she instructed and was again ignored.

By that time I had folded my paper and was concentrating on the drama. My daughter must have been really pissed off because she said, “ Go to your class !" That boy… well he put the guitar back at its place and quickly looked for his bag. “ Is my teacher here ?" he asked her. “ Yes," my daughter replied, “ take your bag and go to class…". And he did.

I was dumbstruck. I was about to berate on her rudeness when Abang arrived. I was ushering them out when Abang told me he needed a new theory book. I went back in. Adik and Abang crowded the counter and saw the CCTV monitor there. Adik squealed when she saw herself and Abang. Then the most embarrassing thing happened.

“ There you are Mum ! “ she said. Then she added, “ Oh you are so beautiful !! “ Man…. People who know me know of my tendency to blush. They also know how much I hate it if people compliment me on my appearance ( bukannya apa… Macam Adik cakap lagu tu kuat – kuat kan, org keliling mesti berebut nak tengok lawa mana mak budak ni. Sekali nampak muka aku ni, depa sure kata “ Laa… had ni pun lawa ka ? “ Haa… yang itu yang aku segan sungguh tu…. Aku tak dak perasan lawa punya….. ).

Juliette, the music school’s staff and another parent there were laughing ( I hope not at me but with me ) and cooing at her. Adik then climbed down the chair and loudly said, “ Mum can I go out for awhile ? “. I of course said no and this little girl she put her hands on her waist demanded for a reason with a “ Why not ? “. Her face frowned, looking at me questioningly.

I think all the other parents laughed out loud. I just scrunched my face with mortification. “ Alah, don’t do like that. She is so clever, “ said Juliette. The lady who was sitting at the counter with us looked at Abang and said “ She can speak very well can’t she ?" Abang nodded and said “ Yes, my sister is very funny. “ “ How old is she ? “ She asked. “ Five, “ said I and quickly dragged the little minx away from the crowd. Eee……..

2 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

you have a pair of lovely and adorable kids!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you Konot. They could be lovely... he he....