Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Abang and Adik

Kids... they were so cute when they started to talk... the 'pelat'ness, the scrunching up the face in search of the right word, the creation of new words when they couldn't find the right one etc. Both of my children are late talkers. They could walk by the time they were 10 months old but the things that came out from their mouths were gibberish.... until when they are about 2 and a half. It is especially harder for my babies because they are December babies.
.
Take Adik for instance. She had just turned 3 but next week she is legally 4 and at the age where parents are advised to send them to kindergarden. Abang just.. just turned 6 last week but next week he will be in Darjah Satu, a good 1 year younger from most of his classmates. I couldn't send Adik to school yet.. well because she can't really talk. She can express herself sure, but only family members could understand her and only people that love her found it cute !!
.
Anyway, bila dah pandai cakap, both of them wants to catch up with all the years that they have spent frustrated due to incoherent-ness ( please forgive me for my choice of word ) !!
Yesterday she woke up and Babah was not at home.
Adik: Mum... mana Babah Adik ?
Mum : Babah pegi gunting rambut sayang...
Adik : Haa ? Babah pegi gunting lambut ( face all screwed up sebab tak paham )
Mum : Yes... pegi potong rambut...
Adik : Oh.... Mum...... Listen, listen....... ( came to me, forced me to get down to her level and went to my ear to whisper ) Suluh Babah ambik Adik okay.
Mum : Kenapa kena bisik ni ? Why suruh Babah ambik Adik?
Adik : Adiknak potong lambut Mum.. ( still whispering... ) Babah ambik Adik okay...
.
So much drama......
.
Some time ago, we went to the house of Abang's friend to send birthday present. We couldn't make it to the party at the 11th hour tapi hadiah dah beli. So we stopped by to extend the gift.. Sampai kat rumah orang tu we saw a few expensive cars in their compound. As we oohed and aahed, Abang mentioned that the father of his friend is a doctor.
Abang: Abah tak tahu ke bapak dia doctor...
Abah : Oh okay. Tu lah Abang if you want expensive cars you have to become a doctor...
.
So we went to bagi salam and seperti biasa emak bercakap dengan emak and the bapaks had a separate session on their own.
.
Dalam kereta....
.
Babah : Eeii... Abang.... kenapa Abang kata bapak dia doctor !!
Mummy : Habis keje apa ?
Babah : Sama ngan I ... jual kereta !! Cuma bapak dia manager... !!
Abang : Tapi kan Bah.... only doctors boleh pakai kete mahal kan Bah ?
.
Mummy and Babah terkebil kejap sebab caught in our own web of deceit and Babah finally said... bapak dia memang doctor tapi he got 2 jobs, malam - malam jual kete !! Hua hua hua hua !!
.
At home when we finally had a private time on our own Babah told me, dia tanya that guy, practise kat mana ? Tergelak besar aku !!
As I mentioned before, I do have the right for that little white lie ( please humour me ) because he is my son and I want to steer him to the right career path ( he wanted to be a race car driver ). But... well.... okay let me say this. My dad used to tell me that if I do not study hard, my work will also be not hard, thus making it insignificant. I will go to work by public transportation and I will have a little umbrella with me to shelter me from rain and sunshine. As oppose to my successful friends that could afford cars and they will drive past me in their big vehicles and as I wait to cross the road to my insignificant position, their cars will pass me by, splashing water on me as they go ( kebetulan ada lopak berair kat situ ). Therefore, better pack some towels before you go to work, he advised....
.
Tapi bapak.... I still had to take the public transportation to my quite significant job as an engineer. I actually purchased an umbrella ( Esprit brollies if you must know ) to shield me from rain and sunshine. And I did pack towels just in case I did get splashed by my friends who roared by !
I had only driven to work for a year !! And I have been working for 4 years !! So it doesn't really mean kan walaupun belajar tinggi2, terlepas dari naik public transport.
.
Babah is right... I have to stop from making my children crazy..

No comments: