Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Umar and Elsa's Birthday Party
















-




















-

Last Saturday Babah and I hosted Abang and Adik's birthday party at our club, Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club at the bowling alley. I was quite apprehensive at first as I was not sure the children will warm up to bowling and I was quite afraid that the kids will be bored. Past birthday hosting experience was easy because I opened up their playroom, switched on the Play Station and the party goers will be stuck upstairs for hours and only coming down occasionally for sustenance. It leaves us the parents time and freedom to catch up and mingle.





But this time, if the little ones do not feel like participating in the only event, do I have to start entertaining them ? I do not know any magic tricks and my nose are not big and red enough. But luckily, it went well. The children were eager to try and I had to go back and forth to get the right size of bowling shoes for everyone.



Preparation wise, it was so relaxing and rather scary too. Scary because it was too relaxing. We didn’t have to do anything at all even in the morning of the party, except pick up the cakes. Then we went there one and half hour early to ensure that everything is in order and they were !! I didn't have to fuss over anything on rush off to prepare another.
-
The only thing to do was wait for the guests to arrive. We waited and waited not knowing what to do and so we played in the arcade. And when it was 2 pm where the 2 lanes were ours, we bowled. Ann and her husband being non-malay ( her husband is Chinese, Ann is not ) arrived first. So we bowled with him. Then around 2.45, when the Malays deemed it is fashionable to arrive ( being a Malay that is what I usually do ), the birthday boy and girl made an appearance with the rest of the family. Friends trickled in slowly afterwards.


Although, a lot of my close friends tak dapat datang like Shazmi ( hot date I presume ) and Anu who is on assignment in Medan.



The cakes were gorgeous by the way. In earnest, I ordered the cakes just because it was aesthetically ( don't mind my spelling if it is wrong ) pleasing. I didn't consider at all if they would be nice to the palate. Surprise, surprise, it was rather tasty although quite dry, I suppose a moist cake couldn't hold the weight of the decorations.




We bowled like mad. The kids were eager to bowl and the parents were frustrated because we had to bowl and help the kids to bowl, so no real game was going on. Some can't even bowl because ada sayap kiri and sayap kanan dok ikut... he he he....

We finally got a real game going. It was fun. I got a strike but when I turned around to gloat, nobody was there to watch my moment of glory except for my brother ( who was mightily unimpressed as he didn’t have an open game at all ) and my mom who was delighted that I was so clever… Oh mum… Sheeshh….

The party was fun. It was marvelous.

I told Babah, maybe we should do a pool party next year and Babah said that requires parental participation in the pool. I said why not ? It would be fun. Instead of a reminder to bring socks, I would remind them to bring their swimsuits.

Yeah, Babah.. what about your friends. I am sure none of them will attend. So there…. Hmmm betul jugak. Even I won’t attend the party !! Malu !!

No comments: