Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend with my kids

He he... I had a wonderful weekend with my children ( sans hubby again as he had to work ). First of all, when I returned home last Friday, my children rushed to hug and kiss me, enough to cover the 3 days I was away. Adik, when she hugged me, the first thing I heard was her murmuring, " My little Mummy, " over and over again, her little hands patting me at the back. Then she looked me and asked, " Mummy dah beli kucing ? " Ha ha... it was so funny I am still laughing about it now.
-
Then she hugged me again and said, " My little Mummy...., ". Abang heard that and it didn't go down well with him. " Adik, Mummy is not little...., " Adik looked at him and said " Ha ? " " Adik, Mummy is huge !! She is not little, "
-
Cess.
-
" Thank you, Abang, but I am definitely not huge. I am not fat okay..., " Abang looked at me and said, " Okay who is fat then ? " " You are Abang.. , " And he let out a hearty laugh. He likes it when I say he is fat, for some reason. " Mummy, if I am fat and I am smaller than you, but you are bigger than me but not huge.... so macamana ? "
-
I looked at him and offered him chocolates....
-
Saturday morning was the usual activity of breakfast, piano lessons, and visiting Tok Mi. I switched on to my all-time favourite song and Abang claimed that it is his favourite song too, that Torn by Natalie Imbruglia. So we played it over and over again, singing loudly and having a great time ( he knows the lyrics, so Abah must have played that song when it was just them and Abah too... ) when I decided to quiz him on his pemahaman ( My mother always remark that most of her children bila tang Pemahaman BM susah nak score sebab memang semulajadi tak paham. Tak paham orang cakap apa. Secara halusnya degillah tuh ) of the song.
-
Mummy : Abang what does ' You're a little late..' mean ?
Abang : Oh, dia dah lambat sikit Mummy...
Mummy : What about ' I am already torn... ' ?
Abang : Saya dah besar. I am already big...
Mummy : What ? Where did you get that from ? Torn means koyak lah Abang. So her heart dah koyak lah...
Abang : What ? Torn ? Mummy, I heard tall Mum !! Not torn...
-
Mummy burst out laughing again. Aiseh Abang, you are so funny... Then again, he made my life difficult.
-
ABang : Why does her heart terkoyak Mummy ?
Mummy : Well it means that she is heartbroken, she is sad. That guy dissapoints her.
Abang : But Mum, dekat CEC kan, teacher Devi cakapkan, kalau our heart is rosak, the heart can stop and so kita mati Mummy. So is she a ghost Mummy ? Sebab her heart is torn, dia dah mati. Is this like lagu Pontianak tu ?
Mummy : No lah. It is just a figure of speech. Torn tu maksudnya.....
Abang : Mummy what is figure of speech ?
Mummy : Abang nak chocolates ?
-
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
-
This morning, both of them were awake when I was about to leave home. Demands for hugs and kisses were gladly met when I bent down for a second set of love from my daughter. Do you know what she said to me ?
-
"Mummy pegi beli kucing okay ? "
-
Ha ha..... my babies.

No comments: