Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Umar dah masuk Darjah Satu

I was on holiday the whole of last week because my little son, my darling baby, my.. oh dah besarnya anak ku Umar, masuk darjah satu.
My baby. My baby.
Tapi sapa yang nangis bila tengok dia berjalan masuk kelas ? Abahnya...
Sapa yang cannot let go and biar anak diam - diam dalam kelas ? Abahnya...
In fact, from my observation, most of the abahs yang berlari nak intercept anak kat kelas after assembly.
Me ? I like to intai and tengok my son in his own surroundings that I am not invited to, and just see him. Tengok dia buat apa, tengok perangai dia macam mana...
His seat mengadap cermin. So for 3 days, I mengendap and tengok dia. He is so cute, with his tie and his shirt tight in the middle to house his protruding belly. Gemuknya anak aku....
He is, I am rather proud to say, very polite. He listened to his friends before replying and nodded politely when they talked. He waited for his friends when they queued to buy food, not embarrased to hold his bekal. The only thing lacking is he danced while they sang 'NegaraKu". Ooh... I really have to check if he is still singing his "Dedaraku' version.
I quite enjoy sending him to school, waiting for him during his recess and picking him up from school that I asked my hubby if we could afford to live with just 1 income. "No......" he answered rather forcefully.
I told my sister about it and she laughed. It is something new she said so it's a novelty. If you have to do it for a long length of time, you will go bored. You will want to work and be an engineer.... Well probably, but can't I just give it a try ?
Umar mesti suka kalau ada Mummy dia tunggu selalu.... Lepas sekolah pagi prepare sekolah agama. Mummy mandikan pagi and tengahari, Mummy peluk pagi and tenaghari. Lepas tu boleh jalan - jalan.... Mummy boleh tolong buat homework. Sounds nice... right ?
Can I be a teacher you think ? Maybe I should offer to teach Maths and Science in English.. because I am not quite confident with the teacher's profiency in English there....
Dare I take the step ? Will I be bored to tears being a teacher ?
He he.... I have an interesting report to submit.... Maybe not....
Am I being selfish ? So many questions...
However would my kids really like me hovering all the time ?
Take Titi for instance. She woke up this morning and demanded for her new Pokemon colouring book. I helped her to colour. I want to teach her to colour nicely and get the details right. Pikachu has never been blue. I tried to steer her to the right method when she looked at me and said, " Mummy pegi work already okay ? Bye Mum... " Okay, I know when I am not wanted !!

No comments: