Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Mummy has a bad back

Mummy : Mummy sakit belakang lah Abang.

Abang : Yeah, I know. Is it because you dah tua Mum ?

Mummy : You are very clever, my son. Very clever...
-
A few hours after that..
-
Adik : Mummy please kokong Adik.
-
Mummy : Adik, Mummy sakit belakang kan ? You know that, right ?
-
A few minutes after that
-
Adik : Abang help me Abang..... Adik sakit bakang... Please bawak Adik punya toy ni ( hand on back, body bent forward a bit... )

My children are comics.

My back hurts and it is limiting my activities. I miss carrying Adik actually, as she usually would rest her head on my shoulder and chatter. If I am lucky, she would murmur her affection for me and reward me with pats on my back or a squeeze or two.
-
I also can't believe that I am missing the act of cleaning up my children. From the very beginning it has been a team effort by Babah and me. Eventhough we have a maid, when we are around, the children are our responsibility. Abang had never been prepared for school by other people except us. I miss kissing him in the light of dawn, all cool from his bath, smelling of soap. I miss their chatter while they brush their teeth, and singing " OO... o-ok..., " when on the john, waiting for you - know - what to come out.
-
Who knew, after 4 days, I am itching to clean my children when Babah and I always fought to do the easiest chore, that is fetching the towels and choosing their clothes. I always get annoyed if my pants, or worse my top, got wet, especially if they were spraying water around.
-
Soon, Abang would be able to wash his bottom and bathe on his own. I want to savour every minute of my sons dependancy on me, as day by day, he is closer to not needing me anymore. Tonight sayang, Mummy mandikan Abang and Adik, okay ? Sayang Mummy.....
-

No comments: