Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hari Raya



My angels celebrated raya obliviously I think. Adik of course couldn't understand raya but the meaning of raya and the keseronokan raya is lost on my eldest son too. When I asked what is raya Abang said " It's a celebration Mummy, " and when I asked what is Deepavali he answered the same thing. Raya to my children are the many cousins ( my children are not fans of food ) and the prospects of endless playing.
-
What they understand is the little green packets. Abang will dutifully give me everything that he got. But not my little Adik. She has a nice little red bag bedecked with flowers and sequinnes. The bag houses a cute purple purse and purple sunglasses. Everytime she received one, she will inspect the contents. Those with red and dark blue notes she will let it be in their original package. But those smaller blue denomination and green ones she will extract them and put them in her purple purse. Oh how she guards the red bank. Until today I don't even know how much she has in there. She plays, eats and sleeps with it.
-
I have told her that Adik ni lagi teruk dari Nyang. My Nyang was like that. She guards her handbag like nobody's business. But, she will leave them hidden under her bed when she is at home !! Bukannya bawak merata - rata macam si Adik ni....
-
Si Abang pulak masa salam raya dengan Tok Mi dia diam aje. So Tok Mi said, " Abang diam aje ke ? Tak nak mintak maaf dengan Tok ke ? " Abang looked perplexed, looked up at Tok Mi and said, " What did I do now ? " Ha ha ha
-
Selamat Hari Raya.
-

No comments: