Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Tak boleh gaduh ke ?

So… Mummy and Babah had a small fight.

We took all the necessary precautions to ensure that the kids were oblivious to it, protected from it, but the closed door and hisses weren’t enough.

Adik knocked on the door as we were concluding the matter. “So… sapa yang start ni ?”

I pointed at Babah. “Bah… you started it ? Why are you so garang ?”

He he…

Babah said he was hungry but Mummy was all tired from the fight, declined dinner.

“I nak pegi Up Town tau….” I simply nodded, pulling the duvet up to waist, book within reaching distance.

Babah harrumphed.

Babah went down then 5 minutes after that came back up again, doing God knows what before going down again. Then there were more footsteps.

“Mummy… you are not hungry ?” I shook my head, looking at my children. Abang was wide eyed, Adik was all-knowing.

“I don’t want you to starve…” Sebek, followed by the waterworks. He leaned over to hug me with so much feeling, even Adik got sad.

“I don’t like hearing you fight…” He said. No sobbing, just tears flowing freely. Hmm... I made a mental note to get a more sound-proofed door. Or maybe I could tampal bekas teloq all over the room to muffle the sound.

“No lah… we didn’t fight. Mana ada…..”

“Yes you did ! Just now you said Babah started it first !” Yeah Adik, thank you for that.

“Mummy…. You will die if you don’t eat….”

He he… No I won’t I explained. Mummy has plenty of fats to keep her alive…..

But I got up anyway, seeing how much it meant to him. Plus I know Babah asked them to come and get me. Well hey, if he is extending the olive branch, than I am making olive oil with them… No I can’t. I can only produce oil from the fruits itself.

Anyway, got ready and we went on our way.

It had started to rain as we neared our destination so we got out with brollies. When dinner was done, the rain was getting steadily heavier.

Adik and I shared a brolly while Babah shared his with Abang. As we waited for Babah to buy his rojak (teringin after tak dapat lepas watching Men in Tutus), Adik looked up at me and asked, “Do you want to share this umbrella with Babah ?”

I shook my head, frowning at her.

“Are you still angry with him ?”

I shook my head, smiling at the sight of her cocked head and raised eyebrows.

“If you share… you won’t be angry anymore… You will like each other again….”

Hmmm…. our dinner wasn’t a frosty affair. Sure I was still a bit peeved, but I thought we did really well. Maybe my kids knew better.

“You and Abang would not be able to manage this payung yourselves, okay ? So one adult for one little people….”

She shrugged.

Then as we tackled the stairs, she suggested, “If you are falling down, you can hold Abah’s hand, okay Mummy ?”

He he……. Can Babah and Mummy live a life without fights ? No lah, my darling babies, we can’t. Fights are actually quite healthy. It is recommended by the experts.

We went to get VCDs. Then as we waited to cross the road to get to our car, Adik screamed every time a car passed by.

“Adik, please don’t be dramatic….”

She answered with “Oh Mummy.. I am a Drama Queen….”

Well… what more can I say to that ?

No comments: