Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Nanti Abang penat

“Mummy…. Why are you using this road ?” Adik asked me just now when I picked her up from school. Because Adik finishes at 12.10 and Abang at 12, and the distance between the 2 schools is like… er… 15 minutes drive ( I cannot give you in km or m to save my life… Sorry…), I have to split the chore with my sister.

“Balik lah…”

“Mummy ! Abang ?”

“Err… I dunno. Jalan kaki kot ?”

Keh keh…

“Mummy ! Mana boleh ? Penatlah dia….”

“Takpelah… Once in awhile… apa salahnya…”

I turned to the road leading to our house. Minah ni bukan main panic.

“Mummy ! Please ambik Abang… Please….”

I answered with a lopsided smile.

Then, “Ha … I know… Mesti Abang dah kat rumah… You picked him up just now kan ?” Eyes looking at me from the side, lowered lids, head cocked a bit, face all knowing.

“No….I didn’t…”

Spine straightened.

“Mummy… just tell me the truth ! Where is Abang ?”

Ha ha….

In front of the house, she said, “I know… Abang is inside already. I know already… You like to do this…”

Aku sengih aje.

From inside the car she craned her neck trying to see the array of shoes in the porch. She then quickly jumped out and raced to the door.

“There ! That is his shoes ! Mummy ni !”

Then, “I can hear his voice ! He is inside ! He is inside !” Jumping up and down happily.

“Mummy ni suka saja macam ni tau. You picked him up just now kan ?” One hand on hip, the other one with 1 finger up, waving at me, face all smiles.

“I really didn’t Adik…. Maybe he walked …”

“Walk ? I don’t think so. He will be tired, Mummy.. I will ask him !”

“No !” Said Abang after Adik’s hug and barrage of questions.

“Cik Yin yang ambik saya….”

“Told you….” Said I. She who was walking in front of me towards the kitchen, turned to look at me and smiled.

Ha. Aku suka buat pasai….

No comments: