Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nanti Adik bising

Monday morning Abang woke up complaining about his tender left foot. He had been complaining whole of Sunday really but we can’t do much but sapu Counterpain and wait for the next day.

So of course Babah said he could skip school. “When I get back we go to the clinic, kay ?”

Since I am the one who sends Abang to school, I took my own sweet time to prepare. Well, I will still be early if I leave at 8 am, so why want to start my journey at 7.15 ?

“Anak awak pergi sekolah tau….” Said Babah when he saw me dilly-dallying

“Why ?”

“He has to. Katanya nanti Adik bising….”

He he….. I snorted. Typical. Why am I not surprised.

“Bah… we really have to find his wife for him. Adik bising pun dia ikut aje, bini bising lagilah… Kena Queen Control anak kita…..”

“Aah… and we have to give duit hantaran to Adik’s husband… as compensation….”

He he… So true.

In the car, I asked Abang why he decided to go to school.

“Sebab kalau saya tak pegi nanti Adik bising. If she sees me in baju biasa when she comes home, she will definitely cry… And it will be entirely my fault… ” Alahai kesiannya.

Then Abang asked, “Mummy… Adik has a lot of issues, kan ?”

“Errr…. yeah… probably.” Fuh ! Issues.

“She does. She has a lot of issues…” he said with a deep frown. I love it when he does that. Then,

“What does issue mean ?”

He he…. “Well, in this context it means, problem or concerns….. So you are saying that Adik has a lot of problems and non-satisfaction about something to deal with…”

“Like macam she has a lot of things that can make her upset lah….. Which is sooo true… A lot of things can make her upset. That means she does have a lot of issues….” His voice trailed….

Hai… Sometimes Abang, that means being a girl.

Thank you, Abang.
But next time keras kan hati sikit... Jangan asyik dengar cakap Adik..

No comments: