Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Peringatan : Mulut budak2 tak de filter

I was sitting with my kids and a few others 2 weeks ago when Abang gave this speech.

“My mother is a good cook. She makes cookies all the time.. Aaannndd…. Her meatloaf is really good. She also cooks this chicken lah… that I like very much. The chicken kan when you cut it keluar cheese… so yummy ! She is really good kan people always like to order from her.She actually has two jobs. She is an engineer and a cook !”

“Aunty, you make cookies ?” Asked one little girl.

Segan lak aku… Apa ntah Abang ni. But I smiled anyway and nodded my head. “They are very, very good….” He said.

“Ye ke ?” And because her face is so eager, I offered to give her some.

She smiled gratefully then said, “My mother when she is at home, she sleeps a lot. And my father plays PSP and sleeps a lot too !”

To say I was shocked satu hal, aku tension jugak. Sebab kalau Abang boleh cerita yang baik-baik, what is stopping him from cerita yang ntah apa-apa jugak, macam that girl ? Budak-budak namanya, mana depa tahu mana kena simpan mana boleh cerita ?

I cannot imagine if one day Abang bukak mulut to say, “Semalam kan Mak saya dengan Babah saya gaduh kan…..”

WAAAAA !
-
Actually, there is nothing wrong with sleeping. Why not ? We are tired from work, work can be draining. I don't know why I was embarrassed when I heard that. Anyway, just to test the market, I related the story to my mom. Her reaction is, "Kesian budak-budak tu... Takde attention dari mak bapak....."
-
Errr.... ye ke ? Takkan lah maknya tidur setiap masa kat rumah.
-
Bagitau another friend, she said, "Ya Allah.. malasnya...."
-
Really ? I didn't say how long she was asleep. Ntah-ntah 10 minit.
-
I have not taken this subject to a male friend, I wonder what a man would think.
-
Whatever it is the fact remains that I was embarrassed to hear that the parents sleep a lot and women generally find it very lacking also. Although seriously I do not know why I was felt that way.


Hmmm.........

But whatever it is, kids have no social training when it comes to divulging personal information. So in order for people not to judge you, please mind yourselves at home ?

That doesn't sound right.

Besides, why should we judge ?

Confius teman...

2 comments:

Puteri's territory said...

I guess my kids would say 'My mom is so lazy, she doesnt cook at all and she faces the computer all the time' Alamak! And how should I mind myself?

I think you should conduct baking and cooking class for me then?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Puteri... the question is, why should we mind ourselves in our own home ?

You want me to teach you something ? Come over lah... you wouldn't be the first person to do it !