Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Pecah rahsia ku

Funny that when I was working in KL I managed to rush home and got ready for 6.15 pm aerobics class. But when I started working in Shah Alam, I just couldn’t reach the 6.15 target. Couldn’t or wouldn’t ?

Am thinking very hard how I managed it since my working hours were from 9-6 and in Shah Alam a more manageable 8.45 to 5.45. It boggles the mind.

Especially since I couldn’t manage the company’s Yoga Class every Friday. Ha ha… Itu in house tu. Nuts.

Anyway, I loved going to the aerobics class at sek 7. I went with Kamalia last time and we had fun line dancing, doing yoga and sweating our butts bersenam-robik. The aerobics classes were good as the instructor incorporated yoga and pilates in the programme.

For the past few months I have been thinking about taking it up again. However when I passed Speedy in OU hari tu, had an ephiphany, went in and picked out a pilates video. Senang kan… boleh buat kat rumah aje.

The hard part though was paying for it. Aku kan ada penyakit segan tak bertempat, so I handed it to Umar with some money. From the safe distance outside of the shop, I saw Umar talking pleasantly with the cashier. I saw them laughing and smirking and I got a bit suspicious.

“What did you guys talked about ?” I asked Umar.

“Oh.. that guy asked sapa punya video ni..” He answered, sniggering all the while. Kureng asam punya cashier.

“And … what did you say ?”

“I said it is for you because maybe you are a bit fat lah nowadays….” His smiles now turned sheepish. Memang nak kena belasah budak ni. Ngan cashier cashier tu sekali kena.

Anyway, I put it on as soon as I got home, my children crowding me, watching like a hawk. I have to tell you it wasn’t easy, okay. The first ones memanglah senang and Elsa kept saying, “Mummy pandai ikutlah. You are so clever lah , Mummy….”, and “Pandainya…..” Ha ha…

Then as the video went on, it got more and more difficult and I was making noises that wasn’t encouraging.

“Susahnya !!” I panted at one point.

“Mummy… don’t do it, Mummy. Why don’t you rest for awhile ?” Suggested Elsa.

I soldiered on.

“Oh my God !” That was from me again and Elsa went, “Mummy… susah ke ? Don’t do it then, Mummy….”

Another grunt and “I think I am going to break my back !”, Umar spoke out, “Mummy… that is enough lah. Why do you want to break your back ?”

I went down limping after that and feeling every muscle in my body. Couldn’t laugh for a week as it hurt, okay. Dan kept saying that the video must be good then if it hurts me. Hmmm….

I tried it again a week after that and once more my kids became the spectators.

“Be careful, Mummy. Please remember that you do not want to break your back…” Warned Umar. It was a bit better this time around as I already know what to expect but I still made references to my back. Because it hurts. A lot.

Kebetulan Ian came over after I finished contorting myself this way and that and when Umar saw Ian, he blurted out, “Uncle Ian, Mummy almost break her back again, today…” And termalu-malulah aku explain. Especially when Mr McQuistan asked, “Why are you doing it, Myra ?” Apo nak di jawabnya ?

Cess ! Ko ni kan semua nak cerita kat orang tau !!

Waaaaaaaa !!!

4 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

chaittt... ampes anak teruna hang... pi cerita kat org pasaipa!!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ohh... aku rasa hang tak boleh bayang aku terkulat-kulat kat situ Konot oiii.... Yang si Ian pun tanya why tu macam nak aku mengaku je betapa besarnya aku punya... er... posterior.. ha ha

Puteri's territory said...

Myra,
u kira orait jugak berani exercise depan husband kalau myself mmg tak buat punya dpn dia sbb mesti kena kutuk punya. So now you faham2lah kan kenapa i kurang berkecimpung dalam bidang tersebut.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Puteri ... samolah laki den pun tak sayang mulut gak... Tapi I buat depan dia fully expecting dia akan kutuk I so that I can indulge in my fave past time... gaduh ngan laki... he he....