Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I don't believe it !

Can you believe it ?

Gosh, I am still in shock.

Very shocked.

Umar got 100% in his BM Pemahaman.

Percaya ?

Me neither.

In fact, his friends didn’t either.

Nor his teacher.

Ha ha….

I looked at the paper for the longest of time while he fidgeted next to me, eyes though never leaving my face.

“Are you happy, Mummy ?”

I looked at him blankly. “Well… are you ?” he asked again.

I was speechless. I can’t say anything. Cat got my tongue. He frowned then he looked worried. Maybe he was thinking dapat market ntah apa-apa kena marah… dapat full marks pun tak happy ?

Thinking about that I forced a smile. It was hard as my face felt heavy like granite. It felt like it was gonna crack as I widen my lips. I was that frozen.

“I need to talk to your father….” Was all I could say.

He looked anxious now. “Is it bad ?” His face and his words thawed me somehow. I was very conscious of every movement that I made as I hugged him. “No… of course not. It is wonderful.”

Babah took like 30 minutes to come home. I tried reading, then watching the telly while I waited for him, but my eyes were drawn to his exam paper. They kept going back at the 100% that was written in red ink.

He knows what menjunjung means. I bought him a few BM novels to read 2-3 months ago so maybe menjunjung was used somewhere in the books.

Babah came home. I ran downstairs and yelled him the news. Umar by that time was doing a little hopping dance in front of him. “Really ? Wow !” every syllable was uttered in extreme happiness. If we were in a cartoon, flowers and birds will come out of Babah’s mouth. Babah hugged him. Well… Babah was better at this than me. He seemed to take it in his stride.

Bah… this is the boy who wrote “Kambing itu membawa berlari.” Was it kambing ? Or was ii kuda… I don’t remember anymore. He also wrote “Budak itu membawa mandi”.

Hmmm….

Just be happy Mummy. He did very well.

He showed Atuk his results. Atuk said Atuk will give him a present. He told us yesterday that after a long, hard think… “I think I want a holiday from Atuk…”

He he…

“Where to ?” Asked me.

“Australia will be nice….”

Good boy.

“Alah… kita pegi Hong Kong Disneyland pun best..” Said Babah.

Heh… he doesn’t know his son, this guy.

“No lah, Bah.. I am not interested in Hong Kong Disneyland..” Ha ha.. told you. He wants to go to Disneyland Paris.

“I prefer the one in Paris…” See ? See ? I am his mommy, kan ?

Good boy.
PS : Bahasa Arab 70%... ke 60%... Hmmm....

4 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

cayo lah umar!! mmg terer btui anak hang.. aku seumoq hidup x pernah dpt BM full mark!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... aku masih tidak percaya... hang tau lah kan masalah dia dengan BM... ni tak tengok lagi karangan dia... entah apa yang jadi... he he...

liadevega said...

wah..so proud of u la umar..anak mat salleh ni dah pandai bahasa melayu..


jom pi aussie!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya... bukan anak mat salleh... anak perasan mat salleh.... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH