Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cepat ! Cepat !

I came home last Friday to a house full of children. Aleesya’s rule when she is in Mummy’s house is mandi, then dinner then baru boleh balik.

If none of the above happened, she will start questioning. That fateful Friday Elsa was to have her piano replacement class and therefore I dressed her in a lovely long, lacy white skirt with a nice pink top. Aleesya as usual in her trousers, that Ben 10 wannabe.

However, I saw the widened eyes when she saw my daughter, who really scrubbed up nicely in the ensemble. I continued looking and saw her lowered eyelids. Hmmm….. intriguing. I have to approach with caution, knowing her dislike of anything girlie. In fact many of Mummy’s money were wasted because she just refused to wear anything with ribbons, lace or even pink.

“Cantik kan Titi pakai ?” I said. She lit up.

“Cantik, mummy ! Ada ribbon kat sini….” Mummy almost had a heart attack. She doesn’t find ribbons offensive !!

“Eysa nak ke skirt ni ?” I asked. She looked down and gave me the slightest of nod, I thought I imagined it.

“Dia ada dua colour… white and brown. Esya nak colour apa ?”

“White...” She said quietly.

She trulu wants it. The skirt !! She wants to wear a skirt !!

Kebetulan I bought the skirt at Reject Shop in Shah Alam Mall and there is where Elsa is having her lesson. I drove fast. Got there 10 minutes early, waited impatiently for 5 minutes before Dania admitted Elsa in.

Rushed to Reject Shop, Umar and Eysa running after me. Cepat ! Cepat ! Yah ! Yah !

“Mummy ! What’s wrong ?” Asked the now panicked Umar. ”Why are we running ?”

“Esya wants to wear a skirt ! I’d better buy one before she changes her mind !! Quick ! Quick ! Cepat sikit !!” And off we went.

Got there and I showed her the skirts. She nodded her head eagerly, eyes wide. I was so happy but then there were no white ones her size. How do I tell her this ?

I took the brown one and commented how nice it looked. I asked her to try it on, just for size. As soon as she put it on, the long skirt covered her legs, wishy washy when she moved, I knew she was hooked. Colour (or even the fact it was made totally of lace) didn’t matter anymore.

I pointed where the ribbon was, commented on how pretty the ribbon looked. “Esya nak ni ?” I asked. She nodded shyly.

Phewww…..

Seized the opportunity by adding a very sophisticated blouse to wear with the skirt (Seriously Reject Shop is good nowadays). When we got home, saw Anna lying comfortably on Babah’s lap, watching the telly. She was asleep when we left for Shah Alam Mall so therefore seeing her very much awake, sans a new skirt in her size with me, panic sekejap.

I undressed Esya there and then and clothed her in her new outfit. Babah’s eyes widened but said nothing. We went out for dinner.

At Tok’s house, people gasped with incomprehension. Tok Mi laughed.

He he……

Luckily Mummy pakaikan skirt tu untuk Elsa kan ?

4 comments:

liadevega said...

Really? Good job Mummy Ala. Rasanya bebudak pompuan ni, makin besar baru makin nak melaram...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Alhandullilah... adalah perubahan sket
dia tu tomboy to the max !!

~Mrs Ababe~ said...

Wonderful job Myra!!!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you, Maya..... It is hard work.... kah kah