Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Anna....


This is major, major cute.

Remember how Anna will turn to Dan if money is involved ?

Well I came home on Tuesday very much tired. I threw myself in front of the telly, hugging a cushion. The kids came to say their hellos and my kids they are, cleverly read the telltale signs that Mummy is not just exhausted, she is devastatingly so.

Anna approached me and I think she knows that there is no way Mummy is cooking that night. So she said, “Mummy… mana Abah ?”

“Kenapa pulak … ?” Was the lazy reply.

“Anna lapar ni…. Anna nak makan…. Mana Abah ?” I started laughing. Really, this girl. With her big eyes, hand in a circular motion at her stomach, huge thick hair. How can anybody concentrate on their daily activities with her around ?

“You know we will be eating out ye, Anna ? So anything yang kena bayar, kena ada Abah ?”

“Ha Mummy, Abah bayar….” Keh, keh, keh.

Dan came home 20 minutes later and we sneaked out of the house to buy groceries at pasar malam. While there I warned him what was waiting for him at home. He shook his head.

We got home, put the stuffs away and as I was climbing the stairs, Dan just right behind me, Anna came running and planted herself in front of Abah.

“Abah ! Abah ! Anna lapar ni…. Anna nak makan….” Alahai, kesiannya dia ni.

Dan looked down at her. “Okay, tunggu kejap Abah mandi ye…. Lepas tu kita pegi makan…..” He patted her head fondly.

“Yeay ! Abah nak bawak Anna makan !! Yeay !!”

He he…. Funny girl, Anna. After Maghrib, Abah whisked all of us to Subway.

Aduhai, they created so much ruckus ordering, Mummy felt like giving up and just go home. One wanted cheese, the other doesnt’t. Then the debate on salad and cucumbers, then drinks. All that noise came with , “Anna nak ni ! Anna nak ni !!” from well…. You know who, who jumped up and down, pointing at a picture of soups.

We chose a mixture of crisps and cookies with the sandwiches. Anna found the cookies’ bag, looked at it for the longest of time then asked me, “Ini cookies ke, Mummy ?” She sounded so innocent.

“Ye…” answered the very harried Mummy who was trying to figure out who ordered what.

“Untuk apa ni, Mummy ?” Another question from Anna Banana.

“Makan lah …”

“Makan saja ?” She asked.

“Laa… makan sajalah…” Said I and left the table to help Abah with the drinks. I heard a very soft (and happy) “Okay…” but thought nothing of it. We came back with the drinks, opened our sandwiches and began eating. I looked at all my children, making sure they were eating when I noticed something weird about Anna. She was eating but why her food just didn’t seem right ?

Looked harder then, “Anna… makan sandwich dulu !! Cookies tu nanti…..”. That came from Abah. She grinned her wonderful grin, put the cookie down and start chomping on her sandwich.

When I said makan saja, I didn’t mean for you to eat it, lah Anna ! You asked me a question and the answer to that question was makan saja... It was not a nod for you to have dessert firt.

I wonder…Anna dah putar Mummy ke ?

Anna nih….

No comments: