Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Anna nad the crying burger...

The funniest thing happened last month when we took Anna and Esya for dinner at Nachos Nachos.

Anna like always would order everything under the sun. Luckily I managed to persuade her to order the kiddies burger. Unfortunately though she finished off her chips, took one bite of the burger and announced “Dah !!”

So I started my story.

“Nangislah burger tu nanti…”

“Kenapa ?” Eyes wide and huge, so gorgeous.

“Yelah… all burger punya friend dalam perut Anna, pastu yang this one Anna nak buang… Crylah dia sebab dia tak dapat jumpa friend…”

“Tak….”

“Iye…. Anna nak duduk dalam tong sampah tak ?” She shook her head.

“Burger pun tak nak duduk dalam tong sampah… Busuk… Sapa nak…” And so I screwed up my face and started wailing, before which I stole a glance at my husband and saw his little bemused smile.

“Waaa !! Tak nak duduk dalam tong sampah !! Waaaarggh ! Busuknya ! Nak duduk dalam perut Anna !! Wargh ! Wargh ! Wargh !”

Anna looked much tormented. “Tapi Anna tak nak dah ….” She said, pressing her body further into her chair.

“Busuknya tong sampah !! I want my friends dalam perut Anna !! Waaarggg !! Busuknya !!!”

Umar, Elsa and Eysa looked mighty uncomfortable. In fact Elsa had the telltale sign of tears. He he…

“Tapi Anna dah kenyang !! Kakak… makan lah burger ni…”

“Saya tak nak… Saya dah kenyang…” Esya said slowly, eyes huge. Keh keh…

I then got distracted by something on the telly and forgot about her. Suddenly, “Mummy…. Macamana ni… Anna dah kenyang…. Burger ni cry….”

Woo hoo !

“Ha … itulah… tadi Mummy suruh share tak nak…. Ni tak pasal-pasal burger ni kena buang… duduk dalam tong sampah….”

“Anna tak nak….” She said again.

The telly claimed my focus again before the very distressed Anna asked me again, “Macamana ni ?”

Aiseh… “Okay lah takpe lah… Mummy suruh abang tu makan, okay ?”

Just so happened none of the waiters came our way for me pretend giving him the food. Anna on the other hand, could not take it any longer. She just doesn’t want to see the offending, crying burger in front of her anymore I think, out of guilt. The problem must be solved. “Mummy…. Anna dah tak nak ni….” She said again, drawing my attention to the dilemma in front of her.

He he… tergelak aku. And then, “Bagilah Umar makan…” Abang offered. Good boy. I pushed the plate to him and saw him taking a very much visible gulp. He looked at the burger pityingly. Chomp, another chomp then, “Mummy… I am actually too full already… I could not take another bite…..”

“Tak pe, Umar… It’s okay… leave it… Never mind…..” He gave another sympathetic look at the burger and pushed it away. However….

“Mummy, look Umar tak habis burger….” Anna waved her finger at him. “Um… kalau tak habis burger nanti burger ni cry dalam tong sampah… Waagh ! Busuk… ! Waaghhh ! No friend !! Um buat burger cry….”

I couldn’t believe my ears. The audacity of that girl ! How dare she lectured Umar about her burger !! Her burger !! My eyes were still huge, mouth gawping when she looked at me haughtily. “Tengok Mummy, Umar tak habis burger…”

Tak terkata apa… Nothing came out of my mouth. Nothing !

Babah reached across me for the burger and finished it off in two huge bites. He smiled at Anna.

Phew… !!

I really hope she learnt her lesson.. but I have a feeling she didn’t.. Ha ha… I have to laugh…

No comments: