Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Elsa Rashdan

“Mummy !! Where is your car ?” Asked my daughter one night as she peered outside. “Cik Yin pinjam...” Said I. Hearing that her eyes went wide, brows furrowed.

“So how are you going to work tomorrow ?” Comelnya muka…

“Tok hantar….” With that she went quiet.

The next day as usual I got the kids ready and when I ushered them downstairs for breakfast, started my own toilette. As I was about to put my clothes on, I heard her crying from down below. Babah and Umar had already left the house.

The crying got nearer and nearer and soon I saw my little girl, very much distressed, face wet from tears.

“Laaa…. Awatnya ?” She looked relieved when she saw me and quickly threw herself on me.

“I thought you left me …” She wept. “I cannot see your car…”

“Elsa… I told you right, that Cik Yin borrowed my car… Tok is sending us….” I heard an embarassed laugh came from my lap, where she was sobbing not 1 second ago.

“Ohh… ha ha…. I forgot….” She said, big grin on her face.

Entah apa-apa entah minah ni..

Elsa’s hair is rather long now and what a messy girl she is when her hair is in that state. Two days ago she was moving about, hair all over the face, obscuring me from seeing her exquisite face. As she walked past by, I grabbed her and started pushing the masses and masses of hair away.

When done, I was treated to a big grin that was just waiting for me to see.

“I am gorgeous, Mummy !!” She declared, oh so confidently. I agreed but chose to instead say, ‘Oh really ?”

“Yes….” She said. “But don’t worry, you are gorgeous, too…” Leaving me with my mouth hanging open.

Two weeks ago we went to celebrate baby Muhammad’s birthday. When it was time to cut the cake, she went near to inspect the cake. Kamalia’s mom Aunty Zainab offered her a piece. “No thank you,” She said. “I don’t like this cake. I only like chocolate cake….”

I of course tackled my daughter in the car. “Ti…. Next time if you don’t like anything, please give a better excuse. You can say something like you are not hungry. Saying you don’t like what people had made a lot of trouble to make is quite rude….”

She was quiet but looked thoughtful. Akhirnya ini yang keluar dari mulut anak aku, “It’s okay Mummy. Dia tak marah pun…. So tak de apa-apa…..”

Haarrummmppphh !

2 comments:

liadevega said...

I heard coming from that little mouth too...tak amik hati langsung (bak kata elsa) instead I found it cute...hehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

La ni cute le....