Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Umar...

I was lying in our darkened room 2 days ago, waiting for my kids to go to sleep before I join my waiting husband to watch the grown-up stuffs on the telly (usually if I managed to not go to dreamland with my babies hand in hand lah).

Our conversation had dwindled, the little people were tossing around waiting for sleep. The silence was marred by Elsa’s coughs though, which came intermittently at first but gained frequency as the night wore on.

I was debating whether to just let it go or start the inevitable war if medicine is mentioned when Umar spoke, “Elsa… please get a drink of water….”

“Ha ?” Was her reply and abang said it again in another language, “Pergi turun bawah minum….”

She was silent but after another cough, she said, “Teman, Um….” Umar sighed but he got up all the same and together they went down.

Mummy waited for them and when she came to, it was Subuh.

“Bangun cepat, kata nak pegi Pasar Tani ?” Said Abah.

The kids scrambled up and at 7.30 off we went to Pasar Tani. In the car, abah told me a story. “Semalam I bagi Elsa makan ubat batuk and they watched the telly with me…. After awhile, Elsa cakap “Umm… jomlah kita tidur sebab esok kita nak pegi pasar tennis”(nama lain bagi pasar tani sebab we can only go after tennis class or when tennis is cancelled…. I think lah…)..”

He he…. Umar sure bengang sebab kena arah left, right and center.

It’s okay… Umar is a good boy….

No comments: